• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure I'd refer to that as a cabin either. ;)

I don't recognize that set Hornet, what is it?

Hornet3d

Wise
I'm not sure I'd refer to that as a cabin either. ;)

I don't recognize that set Hornet, what is it?

It's the Modern Cabin by TruForm over at Rendo, I like TruForm's content a lot but as I have not been buying from Rendo for a while I have added little to my runtimes. Last week I put a number of TruForms items in my wish list and today they did a 24 hour (4 hours to go) sale with 65% off the Truform shop so I went a little crazy.

They did a similar sale on Blue Tree Studio products yesterday so my credit card is taking a beating. It is going to have to lay down in a darkened room for a month or so.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I went over there and checked out TruForm's store, and just picked up the Library and the Book Pack sets. I always liked them, and these were really inexpensive for this sale.

Yes, both of those vendors set up their products for both DS and Poser, though Blue Tree Studios does them as separate products.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
They've been drawing attention from the DAZ PC+ sales (and the PA sale before it). They've got some handsome products to showcase for it.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, I went over there and checked out TruForm's store, and just picked up the Library and the Book Pack sets. I always liked them, and these were really inexpensive for this sale.

Yes, both of those vendors set up their products for both DS and Poser, though Blue Tree Studios does them as separate products.

Glad you found something you liked, the prices are really good during the sale, Blue Tree Studios sale was for 50 percent but still great value. They do approach DS slightly differently, as you say Blue Tree Studios do separate DS and Poser items while Truform does one product but with DS, Poser and often .OBJ downloads. The later TruForm Products include iRay materials. I like all vendors who take the trouble to support both software's no matter which method they choose.

robert952

Brilliant
some Wacky Tubular Bells ~ da da dum dum dum dum dum dummmmmm
modeled in Carrara of course whilst listening to the full album... which you have to do...
cool

Can't resist posting link: Exorcist Theme. Great use of Tubular Bells (IMHO). And a top horror film (again, IMHO).

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I tend to be a little gumphed that most vendors only provide Iray materials if they do a Studio version. That's why if there are separate Poser and Studio versions of things, I tend to buy the Poser version. I've been using Poser stuff since I got into this hobby. Used to be that was all there was.

Hornet3d

Wise
I tend to be a little gumphed that most vendors only provide Iray materials if they do a Studio version. That's why if there are separate Poser and Studio versions of things, I tend to buy the Poser version. I've been using Poser stuff since I got into this hobby. Used to be that was all there was.

I am pretty easy with most the methods used whether it be separate Daz and Poser products, separate iRay products or a single product that includes separate Daz and Poser downloads. Then again I am quite choosy these days and I have such a vast runtime there is little I need to buy at a particular time so I often wait for a sale. In those circumstances the question is whether the product is good value to me as a Poser user, how it comes packaged does not really impact my buying decision.

Hornet3d

Wise
The brief time away had been good for them both and Caoimhe had thought they were getting on well. She had not mentioned the subject but she was secretly hoping Turlough had taken the time to reconsidered his decision to return to his planet and timezone. Settling down in their now, regular coffee shop, for some quick refreshments had seemed a good idea, however, an almost throw away remark made by Turlough dashed her thoughts, his plans to returned had not changed. The news upset her and Turlough knew instantly he had, if nothing else, ruined the day. Though he was aware his words were both ill timed and a little flippant he could think of nothing to say to try and lighten the tension.

Coffee Shop HW.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
The brief time away had been good for them both and Caoimhe had thought they were getting on well. She had not mentioned the subject but she was secretly hoping Turlough had taken the time to reconsidered his decision to return to his planet and timezone. Settling down in their now, regular coffee shop, for some quick refreshments had seemed a good idea, however, an almost throw away remark made by Turlough dashed her thoughts, his plans to returned had not changed. The news upset her and Turlough knew instantly he had, if nothing else, ruined the day. Though he was aware his words were both ill timed and a little flippant he could think of nothing to say to try and lighten the tension.

View attachment 52355

Nice render! The expressions tell the whole story. Great job.

Just testing a new acquisition, this time 'Deep Space Research Base' by Blue Tree Studio.

View attachment 52367

That's a good test. it makes me want to get that set. I love the modifications to the CKV-01 too.

Dawn mucking up in Carrara ~ :devil" o_O

Shocktober!

View attachment 52394
Gesundheit. :laugh:

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice render! The expressions tell the whole story. Great job.

That's a good test. it makes me want to get that set. I love the modifications to the CKV-01 too.

Gesundheit. :laugh:

Thanks for the comments and the support. The main reason I moved to Dawn SE was I found the expressions can be far more convincing than V4.

CKV-01 is a fantastic outfit with many material options, it is so good it is almost my 'go to' outfit so I have to vary it a little. For me the only slight downside is I dislike having a bare mid-drift in items like this, it is a personal thing but I dislike it in the many fantasy outfits for female figures as well. For me the look is fine for glamour wear on a night out, I just do not see it being practical in work clothes or when you are heading into battle. Happily it is a very easy fix on CKV-01 and adds another variation to the outfit.