• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

seachnasaigh

Energetic
OK, I just nabbed the additions pack. Superfly materials for the rope/board bridge should be trivial. What intrigues me is the waterfall in the background; if that is a mesh (not just a photo backdrop), and if the UV mapping is reasonable, there is a good chance I could make a seamlessly looped animated waterfall texture for it. :sneaky:

P.S. Lumber, foliage, rope, and daytime ("OFF") lamp materials for Treehouse 2 are done; I've started test renders and I'll check them in the morning.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What intrigues me is the waterfall in the background; if that is a mesh (not just a photo backdrop), and if the UV mapping is reasonable, there is a good chance I could make a seamlessly looped animated waterfall texture for it. :sneaky:
It's a backdrop, not a mesh. He mentions what isn't included in the package, including the "background images", at the bottom of the promos.

Also note, the water in this second render is NOT the water included with the Additions pack. It's the water from the Molar Island set I used in the first render. I just hid all the other parts, and then moved it back so more of it was in view.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Oh, I took for granted that it was a product by AppleJack, but Rendo's quirky search function failed to find anything relevant with the terms I entered. Weird.

The promo description says it includes the rope bridge, a second terrain, and a water prop.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, I took for granted that it was a product by AppleJack, but Rendo's quirky search function failed to find anything relevant with the terms I entered. Weird.
Yes, I'm not crazy about their search engine either.

The promo description says it includes the rope bridge, a second terrain, and a water prop.
Yes, they are separate pieces, and DON'T parent to the main Tree House, so I did it myself, and then played with positioning it, which I didn't get exactly right.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I just rendered the Secret Hideaway again, only this time I got the Rope Bridge connected in the proper place. Took a little more tweaking, but I finally got it. ;)

SecretHideway2B.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
That one's the hen. It's one of the Smith-Micro animals that are on sale over at Rendo until the end of the year.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oooops, my mistake. :(

Edited to Add: Hmmmm I just went to see what other animals they have on sale, and there's nothing in the Smith_Micro store anymore.

Never mind, it's listed under Poser_Software. Ahhh, I just realized . . . it says Legacy Discounted Content. I bet that's from Content Paradise originally. May very well be part of the Legacy downloads with the Poser 11 update. I'm not interested in any of those, but it wouldn't surprise me.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I think I'll use these "off" MATs for the Treehouse 2 decklamps (right) and the optional stairway lamps (left). I avoided refraction effects because the glass mesh is single-sided, so a refractive texture would make it look like a crystal ball. Superfly renders.
day MATs for stair lamp and decklamp.jpg

You can also see the wood roughness of the Superfly material modification; I left the displacement for the Firefly root, but omitted it for the Superfly root, because Superfly does not do micropolygon displacement - it only moves existing vertices of the mesh, which to my mind is effectively the same thing as a morph.

Superfly renders with all of the material modifications:
AJ Treehouse 2 promo aux1 C.jpg

AJ Treehouse 2 promo closeup U.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Ooops. I just noticed that Sydni (Aiko 3) has blackened eyes, and Harry is throwing several material invalid connection warnings. Sha'n't take long to fix.

Hornet3d

Wise
The plan had been simple, it had to be because it was done in a hurry. As soon as the it looked as though the carriers would be lost they started ejecting as much survival equipment into space as possible. Anyone who had a basic knowledge of flying manned as many cargo drop ships as possible. The ships had no weaponry and the shields were basic so many never made it to the planet, those that did dropped their containers and immediately flew back out to recover as many containers as possible from the mass that still languished in space. What other craft made it and were still serviceable started scouring the planet for survivors. By the time Caoimhe had wandered into the clearing only two people left trying desperately to do something just to survive. Now, four days later they were exhausted but looked at a chance to survive, at least in the the short term. With the help of a crew of robots and the equipment they had the acquired so far they gad the basis of temporary home. Two hydroponic units were already in place and the hub and environment dome would at least provide shelter and somewhere to sleep. They were hopeful more survivors would be found and they could grow the station to meet their needs. There was more equipment in space if needed but for now there needs were very basic, something to eat and somewhere to sleep and that they had....for now at least.

Bubble Pad 2 HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
It was hard to believe they had been concerned on their use of water not days ago but they soon found that water was not in short supply on the planet they were forced to call home for now. Finding water was thrilling enough but finding a special place like this so close to camp took Caoimhe's feeling to another level entirely. Ultrasonic showers had their uses but nothing could really replace completely immersing your self in water.

Morning Swim HW.jpg