• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, now that you mention it, I think I remember seeing the Atmosphere node, but just never bothered to play with it to see what it was all about.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
A preview of another starship build. Also available as prints this time - proud of the way this turned out for a quick render.
Distant Patrol
As with most of my ships, built using Davorama's construction sets and rendered in Poser Pro 2012. Backdrop painted in Photoshop.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
"Quick" render ... so to speak, since it took me several hours.

Pink 2.0 (what a cutie!) from Poser 11.2, 3DU Toon Bee, Lisa's Bell Flowers, and The Ant Farm's Base Camp.

Pink and Bees.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I saw him while installing, and he is a cutie, and that's from someone who doesn't normally go for that sort of character for her renders. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
My first render since upgrading to Poser 11.2. A sort of test render trying out some new content and a sanity test on 11.2, though I expected it to work without issue as there were few changes other than to sort out the licensing issues. Knowing how and software install can go wrong I am always apprehensive and Poser 11.2 was no exception, in reality it turned out to be a breeze. Bondware did a great job and I was so impressed I have relaxed my self imposed boycott, of course, as soon as I did I found content to buy. Not brave enough to take and active part in the forums there, as yet, so this really is a 'toe in the water'.

Metro HW.jpg

Just thinking aloud - could we be looking at both Dawn 2 and Poser 12 in 2020...... what a thought, what stunning combination that could be.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
My first render since upgrading to Poser 11.2. A sort of test render trying out some new content and a sanity test on 11.2, though I expected it to work without issue as there were few changes other than to sort out the licensing issues. Knowing how and software install can go wrong I am always apprehensive and Poser 11.2 was no exception, in reality it turned out to be a breeze. Bondware did a great job and I was so impressed I have relaxed my self imposed boycott, of course, as soon as I did I found content to buy. Not brave enough to take and active part in the forums there, as yet, so this really is a 'toe in the water'.

View attachment 51599

Just thinking aloud - could we be looking at both Dawn 2 and Poser 12 in 2020...... what a thought, what stunning combination that could be.
What (subway car?) environment prop is that, @Hornet3d ? I see great mesh lighting potential.:p

Hornet3d

Wise
What (subway car?) environment prop is that, @Hornet3d ? I see great mesh lighting potential.:p

It is the 'AJ Futuristic Train' by AppleJack over at Rendo. I think is it great value and as it has been a busy week with updates and the like I used it, pretty well, straight from the box. As you say there is so much can be done with this.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
AppleJack has a *lot* of nice stuff in his catalog. And it's kind of an even split between SciFi and what one would probably call quaint. Very worn urban scenes, or picturesque village structures. A good scattering of Roman or Egyptian stuff as well.

He may not be Stonemason, but his stuff certainly looks more than good enough to use for backgrounds and scene fillers.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I got AppleJack's Futuristic Train, Cryo Unit, Research Center, and Plasma Generator. My intent is to make lightcasting Superfly materials for them. For some things, such as the plasma generator, I'd like to make animated materials if the UV mapping permits.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Rendo is doing their Dollar Days promotion for Prime members. His store was featured a day or two ago. I grabbed a number of things. Although I tend more toward his Abandoned/Forgotten places series, and the Classical and Egyptian stuff.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I like AJ's stuff too, and was glad to see some of them included with the new Poser upgraded. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes, I like AJ's stuff too, and was glad to see some of them included with the new Poser upgraded. :)

Yes I was lucky in that the Applejack Content that I already had was different to that included in the Poser update. Some of his other items were on such a discount for Prime members it made sense to get Prime membership as the savings and the Sept voucher more than paid for the cost. I had a little bit of a splurge as I haven't shopped there for a few years and some more Applejack content was added to my runtimes. Sadly there are some vendors I used to follow that have since left Poser but at least there are a few like Applejack who are still producing quality content.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe hated the fact that she was leaving the rest of the wing in the middle of the battle but the reports suggested that her fighter had some damage and the noise from the rear sounded as though one of her engines was trying to break free. She decided to return to base to see if there was an easy fix or a spare ship she could hop in return to the battle. When she reached the sector she had launched from her heart sank. The mother-ship was taking a beating and both destroyers were out of the battle. Sheilds on the star ship were clearly down and one engine at least was spewing plasma into space. Just as she was wondering if docking was at all possible or even wise her comm unit broadcast the command to withdraw. The fighters were not jump equipped and her ride home was disintegrating before her eyes. She had two choices, wander in space until her air supply ran out or try and make a landing on the nearby planet. The first option was a no win situation and the second not very much better.

Space Fight HW.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Yes I was lucky in that the Applejack Content that I already had was different to that included in the Poser update.

Same here. I see Futuristic base 2, tree house 2, and villa. Also the Sparrow hovercar. I'll try to make some add-on for those since I'd know everybody else will have them.
I'll maybe make a hot rod modification of Schurby's '59 Impala, for use with TinkerBell's Drive-In Cafe', but I can't distribute that because I'll need to remove parts as well as add new parts.