• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
don't ask me why....

setup and rendered in Carrara :p

Hornet3d

Wise
A scary situation, but your render tells the story perfectly.

Thank you for the comment. It is another scene from Jack Tomalin and like so many of his scenes it has the option to have decayed look, as they are add-ons it is not something everyone has to buy. I do buy a lot though, not only interiors but external scenes that have vines and the like where nature is slowly regaining abandoned buildings. These add-ons give the scene a great deal of atmosphere right from the start, a real boon for someone like me who struggles to show atmosphere by lighting alone.

Hornet3d

Wise
Despite the almost clear skies Caoimhe had her very own cloud of doom over her as she approached the complex, known to most as the pad it consisted of two towers, the left the administration block and the right the research and development centre. Not so obvious was the vast area where the most sensitive research was done on which existed below both the towers and the waterline. It had been built by the government many years ago but after the wars and the growth of commercial companies it was now owned by....she winced slightly, her family. Not that they were free from government as a lot of the research was military and so the the government controlled and funded much of what they did. The nature of the research was the reason it was all housed on the pad, it was hardly free from attack from a hostile government but national forces would protect them from the outside world while the location made it difficult for any home grown terrorist to mount and attack.

She smiled slightly knowing her choice to use her Personal Runabout Craft (PRC) rather than a company taxi would rile her mother but then she was annoyed at being summon to the complex so it the choice gave at least a nod to rebellion. Her relationship with her mother had been difficult ever since her teens, she had the luxury of being born into money but her mother had also made her very aware of the responsibilities that came with it. Over the years the relationship had got better and also much worse. At home she was her best friend, well most of the time, but work wise it was a different matter. She was a hard business woman and when it came to company business she was hard on her girls, much harder then any employee. Anio, her younger sister seemed to cope with little trouble but she had always been a free spirit with a wild side. For her mum this was both a curse and a blessing.

She gained clearance to land and the anger boiled within her, she no idea of what this was about but if her mother wanted to speak to her at the complex this was not good news.

Sea Tower Pad HW.jpg

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I've been burned out on art so I am trying something different. I've started playing with silhouette concepts. I know my cat, BartholoMEW, thinks he is a big cat when stalking. Silhouettes rendered in Poser, The rest done in Photoshop. The lion silhouette is the HW Big Cat.

Felinedreaming.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
You always tell an interesting story Hornet. Keep up the good work. ;)

Thanks again for taking the time to comment.

I am always unsure if I am making the story too long or too short and if I am only doing it because the render does not speak for itself.

raven

Admirable
Ever have an idea come about because of a random word and the way it's said? I did!

For some reason thinking to myself 'I bet a rocket powered cat would go Meeeoooooowwwwwwww!' and BANG!, there was a quick picture idea.

Scratch the cat with a rocket!

Enjoy! :)

Meeeoooooowwwwwwww.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
She was never truly happy she thought to herself as she idly looked at the screen not really watching with any intent. She spent months on end working and wishing for some downtime, a chance to mix with people and enjoy herself. Trouble was she tired of people in her social circle very quickly, the trouble to with being born into a family of wealth where everyone wanted to build their networks or just 'arrive'. Soon she was wishing she was alone, now she was it was enjoyable but she was all too aware boredom would quickly set in.

Downtime HW.jpg

raven

Admirable
She was never truly happy she thought to herself as she idly looked at the screen not really watching with any intent. She spent months on end working and wishing for some downtime, a chance to mix with people and enjoy herself. Trouble was she tired of people in her social circle very quickly, the trouble to with being born into a family of wealth where everyone wanted to build their networks or just 'arrive'. Soon she was wishing she was alone, now she was it was enjoyable but she was all too aware boredom would quickly set in.

View attachment 50095

I have to say, that lighting reflecting on the water is just beautiful.