• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

nDelphi

Admirable
Visual... Angels 1... Bearing 2.4...

VGF-14 D Wildcat - Ocean + Iray Sky - 01 - Sig.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The limit of 1mb is correct but there is a pixel limit as well - this is from the frequently asked questions -

Storage and File sizes
  • 100 MB storage quota (you can upload 200 images @500KB each)
  • 1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
  • 1MB max file size for images
  • 10MB max file size for video

Stezza

Dances with Bees
was doing some more wacky modeling today in Carrara and it just kept on going....
it started with me modeling a roadside restroom for the songbird challenge which are scattered every 5 - 10km along our country highways which then got me thinking about the old outhouse we used to have back in the day before sewerage came along... which then got me thinking about ripening pumpkins, kidney steppingstones and garden taps... I then had to stop thinking!
wacky stuff hey!... so here is my wacky outhouse for you all to use and improve on with texturing or what ever within Carrara... pick it up over in the Wacky Modeling thread at Daz enjoy

It may sound absurd
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to pee.
I may be disturbed
But won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me.

robert952

Brilliant
was doing some more wacky modeling today in Carrara and it just kept on going....
it started with me modeling a roadside restroom for the songbird challenge which are scattered every 5 - 10km along our country highways which then got me thinking about the old outhouse we used to have back in the day before sewerage came along... which then got me thinking about ripening pumpkins, kidney steppingstones and garden taps... I then had to stop thinking!
wacky stuff hey!... so here is my wacky outhouse for you all to use and improve on with texturing or what ever within Carrara... pick it up over in the Wacky Modeling thread at Daz enjoy

It may sound absurd
But don't be naive
Even heroes have the right to pee.
I may be disturbed
But won't you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me.

View attachment 48690

View attachment 48691
Oh, boy! Potty humor! Does this also apply to super heroes?

Hornet3d

Wise
The missile launch from the cloaked battleship had caught the station defences by surprise but station defences had dealt with most of the incoming missiles either by destroying them or confusing their targeting computers yet two missiles had manged to defeated all efforts to deter them from the mission. At the last minute the defence computer had momentarily applied thrusters to spin the station thankfully, as the remaining missiles were aimed at the outer edge of the station, the action had largely been successful. Having lost their lock on the target both missile immediately detonated, the resulting energy washed over the station adding to the spinning motion it already had. The sudden lurch overwhelmed motion suppressing chairs and many, including Caoimhe and Turlough were thrown with some force from their seats. Caoimhe, who had doggedly kept to the tradition of wearing support suits when many had abandoned the tradition had cause to be thankful for her stubbornness. She was the first to gather a full realisation of what had just happened and using the bulkhead managed to at least grab a hold on the chair. The lack of any alarms suggested the station had suffered little damage but the fact they were still rolling suggested this was not entirely true.

Proximity Hit HW.jpg

Scene uses the the latest form the Petipet stable - Solaris Control Cabin.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've always liked his goodies. ;)

I am a solid fan of all of his scenes and this one is like so many others. It has a number of cameras included, a selection of displays littered around the cabin and many of the props have a lot of options. The seats for example can be moved backwards and forwards by selecting the seat floor clamp, height is adjusted by selecting the adjuster just below the seat and the seat itself can be spun. I know none of this is rocket science but there is a great deal there for the price. The cabin includes enough space to be able to generate a number of different scenes and it links nicely to the the rest of the Solaris series. The potential for a vast number of scenes exists and, along with rest of his other series, I think I could illustrate a book using nothing but Petipet content.

Hornet3d

Wise
It had taken a little more than a week to track the origin of the craft that had mounted the unprovoked attack on on the station and another two weeks of FTL and then, of late, micro jumps to bring the station to the location. They remain cloaked and sent out a series of drones, launching them from missile tubs meant they had no need to use their engines and just drifted toward the plant they had marked out for investigation. The hope was they would just appear as space junk to and watching eyes. The first pictures were now being relayed back the the station for Caoimhe and Turlough decide just how they should proceed.

Control Cabin HW.jpg

Another render of the Control Cabin by Petipet, this time using Octane rather than Superfly.

robert952

Brilliant
Bus I modeled in Carrara as for Carrara users it's available to experiment with over yonder.

View attachment 48927

Hmmm,
Bus I modeled in Carrara as for Carrara users it's available to experiment with over yonder.

View attachment 48927

Great image, I like the 'steam punk' look (OK, Victorian dress) with the modern bus.
Hmmm, if you're on a The Hollies kick (I know, double article, but it is the group's name), maybe tackle Stop Stop Stop (all that dancing)? I've always thought that would be a great song to illustrate.