• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Saphirewild

Brilliant

Riccardo

Adventurous
Easter 2023: The Monolith

During the exploration of the mysterious chocoplanet, down in a crater of the surface, something unexpected suddenly appears!
A sort of strange geometric solid stands before the eyes of the Chocorabbits, taking them aback.

Could it be a natural formation?
Might it have possibly been created, assembled or built by a sentient being?
Where is it from? Why is it here?
But, above all, what is it made of?!?? ;-)

This plot twist leads to great questions...

Happy and mysterious Easter 2023!
Pasqua2023-1280x720.jpg

Carrara Render, as usual.
Quiz: this image, as well, pays homage to something rather known. As always, let me know if you understand what we are talking about.
The Chocorabbits Saga can be found here (English version not complete yet, sorry):
The Land of the ChocoRabbits

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Emu Dad modelled in Carrara

Fun Fact:
Females that meet a spunky male, have a short-lived romance with him for around five months and then leave once she has laid her eggs. The male will then stay on the nest for eight weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch. Once hatched, the young Emus will stay with the father for up to six-months where he will show them how to forage and survive.
surprise

Hornet3d

Wise
The changes to Superfly rendering in Poser 13 seems to be quite vast. I created this scene in Poser 12 and launched it in Poser 13 where the first thing I did was to delete all the lights. The intent was to light the scene using only the light objects in the scene. In truth that was relatively easy but getting it to render in a reasonable time to a quality whereby there was no need to use a denoiser was quite a challenge.

End result - This took around the 30 minute mark.
Bowling Alley Revisted HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
With Poser 13 now looking after my runtimes and number of things have conspired to send me off on a slight tangent and start a project, one that I suspect it going to be long, hard and, at times frustrating. When news Poser 13 broke I knew I would have to find the money to upgrade and so over the months managed to work out how I could afford what it was liable to cost. I was more than pleased with the upgrade price when it launch and there was a little left over. Not any more because I have spent it and my hobby money for the rest of the year (and it is only April).

Kitbash have now released a new Kit called Oasis which I quite honestly fell in love with. The kits are costly but Oasis was 50% off and I convinced myself if I did not buy at this price I would never be able to afford, or justify the full price. That said the price includes 72 models and 62 Textures.

So here we are the first step on my journey and very much the start of a massive WIP.

Hospital HW.jpg

This is the hospital in it's first outing in Poser, the plan is to bring them all over in time.

Hospital Entrance HW.jpg

And let Caoimhe have continue her story in this Oasis

Hornet3d

Wise
I just checked to see if they still offered the free Utopia mini-kit. Sadly not. The style of that kit would worked for you as well.

Thank you for looking. I did managed to pick up the Mission to Minerva while it was free and now I am aware of KitBash I will keep an eye on the sales. The next set I would like is Victorian but that will be some time in the future even if it went on sale.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Those Oasis buildings are nice looking future style urban, but even on sale it is well outside what I can justify given the state of my 3d render machines and life in general.

Hornet3d

Wise
Those Oasis buildings are nice looking future style urban, but even on sale it is well outside what I can justify given the state of my 3d render machines and life in general.

I can really relate to that and it was with great reluctance I actually went ahead with the purchase even though I really loved the style. What I had to do was look past the initial price, taking into account that I buy something from the Rendo Market Place most weeks, I calculated what I would spend out in the long term. Oasis boasts 72 models but not all are like the hospital, some are even better but some are also just extra fill in items such as railings and canopies. Ignoring those there are 23 large buildings with 3 smaller units. Even being a Prime member, and buying at sale time I would normally pay around the $8 to $12 on individual scenes For 23 large structures then I could expect to pay $184 to $276 in total, where I paid $99 for Oasis.

Don't get me wrong, that does not change the fact they are expensive kits and, while I would love another kit such as Victorian, I will not be buying another kit from Kitbash this year. I am lucky in the sense I have both a state and private pension, having paid into my own pension over the 43 years I worked so, even with the dire financial state the UK is in, I have a little to spare. Being retired I also have a lot of time on my hands and my biggest fear is becoming bored. Oasis will occupy me a great deal over the coming months and still be of great use after that so it does provide value from money. For all that, it does not change the fact that I regard myself to be extremely lucky to be able to afford such content even though I will have to stop my Poser Content purchases for a good few months to come.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
I can relate to that as well. I can live with the junk mail because every now and then they put out a freebie. Their freebies are either incomplete kits (I got Victorian that way) or limited time free complete sets. They also keep you in the loop regarding fixes and material changes. I was offered the upgraded for free when they have changed and I only have content that I have received for free. I am old, retired, and damaged. I have only the old age pension from my govt. which is not enough to allow me spending upon luxury items like these sets.

Hornet3d

Wise
I can relate to that as well. I can live with the junk mail because every now and then they put out a freebie. Their freebies are either incomplete kits (I got Victorian that way) or limited time free complete sets. They also keep you in the loop regarding fixes and material changes. I was offered the upgraded for free when they have changed and I only have content that I have received for free. I am old, retired, and damaged. I have only the old age pension from my govt. which is not enough to allow me spending upon luxury items like these sets.
I am not a million miles away from that, yes I have the extra luxury of my private pension but the UK government takes a chunk out of that each month. I have had type 2 diabetes for a number of years and now it has started to impact my body add to that the normal aches and pains of getting old and life often becomes a challange.