• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Those are the new ones. I think I preferred the original ones. The originals looked like actual stuffed toys. These new ones look like 'Toons that don't actually exist except in virtual space.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I wanted something that was more "real" than the first plushies for my stories, because I'm putting them in more "real-world" situations. The other plushies are cute, no doubt, but didn't work as well for what I had in mind.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a wacky Dicky Bird started off from a cube in Carrara then boned & morphed and furred! :bee: :flower02:

theschell

Brilliant
Every once in a blue moon I make an attempt to capture the look of proper manga style art with my Anime Girl. I've made numerous half-hearted attempts over the years but was never able to capture the feel of the style of inking and shading in my renders or with post-work until now... I think I finally managed to properly achieve the digital "inked" look that is common to modern color manga...

This first Image is the raw render from DS with the custom materials/surfaces that I came up with...
Kristin Digital Inks.jpg

This second image is the final version... I used Filter Forge to create a pencil sketch outline that I added through post-work...
Kristin Digital Inks Final.jpg

Last edited: