• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Inkipolony

Inspired
Here's Summoners Control-Termial
Control.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Charity's birthday is approaching. Snape suggests they go out to dinner, perhaps take in a movie. And then, since he would rather not make a mistake, he asks Charity outright what she would like for a gift.

Charity asks for a ring. Does he consider this a ring-worth relationship?

Upon reflection, he does. And asks the proper question in form. Well, it was in some form, but given that the form was to quote one of the least romantic proposals in literature, he can only be grateful that Charity takes the intention and ignores the content.

Charity's choice of restaurant is a South Indian place in Muggle London. From there, they visit a jeweler, also in Muggle London, and choose a ring from a collection of estate jewelry.

In 2011,
2011.jpg

And in 2020.
2020.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
From the moment she sat down Caoimhe knew she was in trouble, she felt quite literally she had been put in the spotlight. Turlough's words of warnings nagged at her sapping her confidence still further. It had been a mistake to agree to meet alone, for a start negotiator had not not stuck to the agreement as he was accompanied by an evil looking side kick who stared at her endlessly.

She felt very strange and disoriented but not that badly not to notice her brain implant was under attack and would already be spending a distress signal. The knowledge of this did little to alleviate her concern for she recognised the globe on the table as being a signal disrupter that would block any such signal. Angry at herself, she asked herself mentally how could she have been so stupid. She needed to get out of there and quickly but she also knew that, once outside of the bar, she was even more vulnerable as there would be nothing to stop them launching a physical attack.

Meeting HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
I always enjoy reading JOdel and Hornet3D' stories :D

Thank you, as you can see I have been using your Borghild outfit a great deal recently so I am having fun. Not only is the extensive range of materials great but it runs through the cloth room like a dream, one of, it not the best dynamic outfit I have in my runtimes.

Doug Hunter

Busy Bee
Contributing Artist
Thank you, as you can see I have been using your Borghild outfit a great deal recently so I am having fun. Not only is the extensive range of materials great but it runs through the cloth room like a dream, one of, it not the best dynamic outfit I have in my runtimes.

:wow: :thankyou:

Hornet3d

Wise

You are welcome, Dawn does not have a great deal of fantasy / sci-fi outfits so having one that comes with ten different materials is going to get a lot of use. With matching materials for the boots, which are conforming, it is the best of both worlds. I know dynamics would put some people off but this really is a dream use in the cloth room. Normally with dynamic clothing I would set the pose and then move props to come to Dawn so that the simulation is not affected, in this series here I have found the pose that I want and then I have moved Dawn to the place in the scene that I require and she moves fully clothed. I know you can do this with all dynamic clothing but this outfit works like this straight from the box as it were. For me in particular there is the added benefit that, with my character heavily morphed, a lot of conforming clothing needs work to deal with poke through. Being dynamic there are no such issues for me with this outfit. Finally the simulation runs quickly with no issues, I have more problems with scene lighting than I do in the cloth room.

Hornet3d

Wise
Much to her own surprise Caoimhe made it as for as the door, expecting the searing heat on her back from the beam of laser gun long before she made it that far. It was to her great fortune that on the other side of the door she found a long metal bar just lying there which was ideal the slide thorough the handles of the door holding them shut. It would not stop them but even a few seconds of delay might be the difference between escape and capture. As she bounded up the stairs she heard the faint rumble of a engine close by, now it she could commandeer a vehicle she may have a chance. She reached street level prepared to fight for her life as her eyes fell on the ATV a few feet away but her plan changed in an instant for she recognised the rider. She launched herself towards the rear seat, barely completing the manoeuvre before it leaped forward and sped off in the night. Perhaps the metal bar was not just luck she thought as she made a mental note that she would have to have a word with Turlough regards not obeying orders, but that would have to wait, they were now both in great danger.

Quick Exit HW.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you very much! The story is actually by someone else, but it's kind of useless to post the illos without at least a capsule description.

Mustakettu85

Motivated
Hi folks,
Hope everyone is doing more or less okay. I've read the news about Lisa; I'm terribly bad at that kind of lovely words everyone is writing. I just hope she will be all right.

Now... I managed to finish an image using the free items from the second 2020 render challenge, but I don't want to necro that thread, so I guess it's a good enough place for it...
dawnzglwgimpplus.png
Just in case anyone wonders - the ground and grass are from the Beanstalk, the hag/witch uses the Zombie skin and body morph, then there are two of the Creepier Trees and the harp + pose from Strike a Chord. In terms of tech specs, it's 3Delight RSL pathtracer module (scripted rendering + custom shaders) to EXR, then the new bloom filter in GIMP 2.10, tonemapping in Picturenaut (photoreceptor), and two layers of "streaks" (starburst thingies) in screen blending mode; these "streaks" are from the "glare" node in Blender compositor (obviously fed by the non-tonemapped, full dynamic range original render). ...the harp material is supposed to be like cloudy glass.

Mustakettu85

Motivated
Thank you!
You mean "someone in the hobby 3D scene", right? Because the big guys in VFX are using it all right... they have a bigger better version now for their big name apps like Maya, Houdini, Katana - an OSL-based pathtracer, with cloud-based render acceleration even. It's all new, almost like written from scratch; we won't likely ever get a DS bridge/exporter for it, too much work for basically no return. Shame, but, well, that's life.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Right. I know that Studio uses a stripped-down version which it's had for yonks, which doesn't have the capabilities of the professional version. But it does quite well enough to not be considered obsolete.

And it doesn't demand proprietary hardware to run it.

Mustakettu85

Motivated
Well, the version we have - once you apply some elbow grease to it - has almost all the professional capabilities, but of course they date back to 2015 :D
The biggest limitation that matters is not being able to hook up DLL files to accelerate heavy lifting shaders like volumetrics. It's what I regret the most.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe's concern over Turlough's choice of getaway vehicle was eased when she realised that, despite the lack of speed, this could go places that the chasing pack were just not equipped to go. Their advantage would not last long so she hoped there was more to Turlough's plan than just this, but his intention seemed to be just just find a place to hide out. After some minutes she had what she thought was confirmation of this as they headed to toward some some sort stone structure. Her heart sank, this was not a plan that could work but before the she could voice any concerns something appeared to being coming to life within the circle. Their entrance into the circle was greeted with the soft hiss that seemed to rebound off of the stones and before her the canopy opened clam like in the darkness, clearly Turlough had spent some time in setting this up. The realisation of this did nothing to quell her growing feeling of guilt in ignoring his concerns over this venture. There was, she knew, going to be hell to pay when this was all over.

ATV Space Escape HW.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Stonemason's Urban Future 3, with materials set up for Poser 12 Superfly:
Cafe' L'Homme close pano.jpg

I made an interior :D
La Femme at the bar.jpg

Dusk and Dawn at the cafe' table...
La Femme's face w Dusk + Dawn behind.jpg

At the corner of the building, Aiko 3 comes downstairs...
Aiko comes downstairs - cam outside.jpg

Around the corner, Lorenzo business guy tends the racks of servers. I used a photo of my own server rack to texture the server racks. :D
server room UF3 B3-C47.jpg