• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d wow way cool man, can I ask what building set that is? I almost recognize it but not quite

The building in question is Danaides by Jack Tomalin. I have a growing collection of his products as a good number are graveyard based and thus good for spooky scenes, but his collection is large and vary varied. I do tend to buy the products when they are on sale, not that it saves me money, as I just buy more products. Some were on sale recently which explains the last two renders here. Of course the good news is they work in Poser straight from the box and many scenes have an iRay add ons so the DS users are not forgotten. I love supporting those that still produce for Poser but in Jack's case it is easy as everything is such high quality and works as expected (even the masses of vines/ivy do not slow the render down too much, with the right render settings) and I don't think there is anything that I would not use, they all have such character. .

Hornet3d

Wise
First thing even close to an artistic image I have finished. Just got one of the needed 3D animated clips for this PoC done so I finished it off. Been working on this on and off for the last year or so (the related animation, not just the Image). The animation has a long way to go yet, this represents just one of the clips in it (about 15s).

Love the drama, great image.

Hornet3d

Wise
Finished the table, and I think that's it for Art Studio.
Now no one has shown interest in selling it I will start packaging and should be available soon at my website.
So finally an actual scene.. Artiste at Work
View attachment 31303

Now that is very clever. I did something similar a month or so (by which I mean a render inside another render) ago and I did not find it easy to set up. This really works well.

James R.

Busy Bee
First thing even close to an artistic image I have finished. Just got one of the needed 3D animated clips for this PoC done so I finished it off. Been working on this on and off for the last year or so (the related animation, not just the Image). The animation has a long way to go yet, this represents just one of the clips in it (about 15s).

Wow! So intense! Love it!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks @StudioMartillo for the art studio. Alexis is checking out her new abstract :) (SM's models new textures by me, err looks a bit orangy online, didn't look that bright in Photoshop)
Studio.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
LEANORE: NEWBORN. On the cemetery theme and to compliment Hornets image this is Atonement from Jack Tomalin which plays very nicely with DM's Tranquility Lane if you like to mix n' match. They are both firm favourites for their versatility. This image is from 2013 and introduced the vampire Leanore to the world...View attachment 29528

A few weeks late on this but thank you for the suggestion of mixing this with Tranquility Lane, Atonement went straight into my wishlist. There is a sale on Jack's products at the moment and I have managed to pick up Atonement and the beautiful Absolution at a stunning price, all scenes that would not have been in my runtimes if you had not pointed me in that direction. Many thanks

Very nice @Rae134. Excellent work on the palette. I'm sorry I didn't UVmap the window frames.
Hadn't thought how nice they could be with a wood texture.
The tone looks good.
Did you do this in DS?
There are no restrictions on use, so if you make textures for DS you can re-distribute the set for that if you want.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wouldn't worry about the color of the wood Rae. It could just be the lights you used. If you used different lights, the wood might look more brownish. In either case, I think it looks great, and I have to agree with Carey, that's a great PoV.

@Rae134
I UV mapped the windows for you.
If you save your MATs and load them on this new prop all you should have to do is add an image node with your wood texture.
This only has the interior room prop in it, with a different name so if you unzip it to your runtime it won't overwrite the other.
I tested this in Poser, same as the other stuff.

Attachments

• Art_Studio_Set_II.zip
    621.3 KB · Views: 211

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Not renders. ZBrush screen grabs composited in Photoshop. This is what has been keeping me occupied for the past few weeks.

It's our midterm project. The other image is one of the four photo references that we were to work from.

And, yes, yes, I know, the arms should be at least half again as long. Why the instructor didn't point it out earlier (or at all), I don't know. By the time I realized that it was too late to go back and redo it (I don't know of any way to scale only *part* of a ZBrush "tool," rather than the whole thing. I suspect there probably isn't one). Still, I'd say it was acceptable for something less than two months experience with the program.
Trio-Post.jpg
sideshow-premium-format-figure-king-hulk.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Not renders. ZBrush screen grabs composited in Photoshop. This is what has been keeping me occupied for the past few weeks.

It's our midterm project. The other image is one of the four photo references that we were to work from.

And, yes, yes, I know, the arms should be at least half again as long. Why the instructor didn't point it out earlier (or at all), I don't know. By the time I realized that it was too late to go back and redo it (I don't know of any way to scale only *part* of a ZBrush "tool," rather than the whole thing. I suspect there probably isn't one). Still, I'd say it was acceptable for something less than two months experience with the program.View attachment 31377View attachment 31378
one of these days I am going to go back to school, don't know what the heck a seventy year old man that has to use his nose to operate a mouse, (which if I reach seventy I will be Like...lol) but I am going...some day...lol Good looking stuff here, but that armor must be put together with velcro strips...The Hunk is not known to be able to buckle a belt or wear button up books...Note: The real Hunk, ( before people playing him in movies) His feet were huge and legs short, have the comics to prove it...lol