• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Rokket

Dances with Bees
That should be fun when you decide to render the scene. Nice job on the wings. I can't wait to see what material you chose.
The materials are already there. They just don't show up in the preview. I tried several times to render the scene, but the high quality setting kills my laptop, and lower settings are too grainy.

I cheated with the mannequins for the armor. They only go down as far as you can see them. If I was to do a scene of her putting her armor on, I'd either change the camera view or just take the mannequin out completely.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I am going to try to do a render with the preview window size as the render dimensions and see what happens. I am thinking the 1920x1440 or 1920x1080 was too ambitious for my poor old laptop.

quietrob

Extraordinary
You'll see that a few around here the same problem. They don't have work station muscles. I certainly don't but I don't mind letting it render while I snooze to get that high quality render. They reduce the size of their render. I still like Firefly for what I'm doing but I don't have to use another render engine when I want that PBR super realism look.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Metals aren't hard for Superfly. Examine your render settings; you may be paying an unnecessary price for render features which aren't contributing anything.
Try this:

Progressive Refinement will quickly fill the window with a rough render; this allows to spot any grievous material/lighting errors. as samples accumulate, the render clarifies. So tick that box.

Don't pay the render time price of volumetrics if you're not using volumetric materials (notice I have volume samples and volume bounces set to zero). Same for subsurface scattering. But volumetrics in particular incurs a heavy render time burden.

Bucket size: This needs to be a common denominator of the horizontal and vertical render dimensions, else you end up with partial buckets at the right and bottom edges, but those partials take as long as full buckets!:mad: For example, if rendering at 1200x750 pixels, I might set bucket size to be 15, 25, or 30. Those bucket sizes divide evenly into both 1200 and 750.
For a 1024x1024 render, I'd use 16, 32, or 64 for the bucket size.

The overall pixel samples (top box, left column) is overall quality; it's OK to set that higher than needed (45?) because you can simply cancel the render once it's good enough, and export the image.:D

Last edited:

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Correction: Max Bounces (second data field down, right column) should be set to maybe 8. This is the max number of bounces; having it high doesn't mean Superfly will always bounce rays eight times; it is the upper limit; Superfly automatically only bounces as many times as needed, but will not exceed Max Bounces.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you cousin! I like having an expert in my corner!

The ship looks great, even unfinished. I think it will look awesome once it's done.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
The elvish House of Healing has some geometry corrections and a few new parts, stripped the geometries from the prop files, then the materials re-worked for Superfly. For this Superfly test render, it's just sitting on the construct ground; bear in mind that the tunnel entrances are built to fit the Lothlorien terrain. The Lothlorien terrain ground matches up to the bottom of each step set.;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I started a render at 10PM last night. It's about half way through right now, at 12:38PM the next day. Wow... But from what I can see, it is worth the effort...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Oh that is superwork. She's so exotic and elven like. From her ears to her weapon. I think she'll live in seachnasaigh's village

robert952

Brilliant
If I may...what is PR rendered? Google yielded no good information.
I think it's a grammatical oversight and PR refers to the model's source of some kind.

My guess is it should have read ..."were PR, rendered in Carrara, and..."

My comma before the 'and' may be considered superfluous though I go by the concept that groups of words should always be separated as such for clarification. Just remember "Commas save lives!: 'Let's eat Grandma!' vs 'Let's eat, Grandma!'

But Stezza might have meant PR rendered as you imply... in which case I have no idea.

(And, no, not intended as any kind of negative feedback/comment/rant. Just trying to figure it out, too. It's a fun image.)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Seachnasaigh, I love your elvish buildings and renders. They are spectacular.

Mythocentric, fantastic Earth Spirit.

Stezza, OMG. What can I say? Absolutely love this one.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I think it's a grammatical oversight and PR refers to the model's source of some kind.

My guess is it should have read ..."were PR, rendered in Carrara, and..."

My comma before the 'and' may be considered superfluous though I go by the concept that groups of words should always be separated as such for clarification. Just remember "Commas save lives!: 'Let's eat Grandma!' vs 'Let's eat, Grandma!'

But Stezza might have meant PR rendered as you imply... in which case I have no idea.

(And, no, not intended as any kind of negative feedback/comment/rant. Just trying to figure it out, too. It's a fun image.)

I think Stezza should clarify but Grandma keeps wondering why I am looking at her with a knife and fork. :D

I think the render is scooby scooby great!