• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have to go in for some surgery...

Hornet3d

Wise
Nice to know you're still around, Hornet. I probably wouldn't be so apprehensive except two of my favorite people died after going into the hospital for "routine" surgery. One of them was Joan Rivers, an the other was a guy named Dwayne McDuffie. I know you know who Joan Rivers was, and Dwayne was the man who created Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited, and Milestone Comics. I didn't know Joan at all, but Dwayne and I got into it every now and then online. I miss him.

Thanks. Believe me I can understand your apprehension, I have always had a fear of hospitals, I mean more than normal. I think it comes from seeing my mother being taken off to hospital in an ambulance when I was a very young child, I was too young to understand other than that my mother was being taken from me. If that was not bad enough some eighteen years ago I was sat at my father's bedside with him on life support while the family and I had to come to a very difficult decision. That was before my angiograms so I don't think you can describe me as being apprehensive, more terrified, particularly when the first was while I was in Australia and my wife was in the UK. Thankfully when I lost my mother it was in a hospice and the the situation was far less traumatic. Since then I have given it a lot of thought as to what the difference was because the treatment in the hospital for both my parents was first class. The conclusion I came to is that the drive in hospital is to make you well again while the hospice it is to make the passing as easy and peaceful as possible. If, when my time comes, I do not die in my sleep I know which place I would like to be taken to.

Thing is with all that background and the fact that I have long lost count of the number of times I have had to stay in hospital I have only ever had one really bad stay and that one was more a organisational nightmare that a medical problem. As with the news, it is the well known patients and the exceptional cases we get to hear about and less is said of the hundreds of people that go into hospital every day for procedures that for them is something special but for the medical team is everyday. I know and understand that and it makes my terror a little excessive but try telling my brain or imagination that.

eclark1894

Visionary
Thanks. Believe me I can understand your apprehension, I have always had a fear of hospitals, I mean more than normal. I think it comes from seeing my mother being taken off to hospital in an ambulance when I was a very young child, I was too young to understand other than that my mother was being taken from me.
Speaking of traumatic childhood thoughts, the first time I ever heard the term "hang up" was when I was a child of about 4. Someone, I can't quite remember who, was talking to my mother on the telephone and they said that she hung up. Now why was this so traumatic? Don't forget I'm a black man from the Deep South. So when someone was talking about my other being hung up on guess where my mind went. I couldn't stop crying until I saw my mother walking in the door later that day. I had nightmares about my mother leaving me alone right up until she passed away about 20 years ago. And my father had died when I was two, so she was the only parent I ever knew I had.

eclark1894

Visionary
That sounds about as traumatic as it can get! :(

Dana
Well, what can I say? I was 4. It stuck for a while, but as I grew older it eased up some. Never really did outgrow it though, but someone did explain to me what the term "hanging up" on someone meant when I was 4.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, what can I say? I was 4. It stuck for a while, but as I grew older it eased up some. Never really did outgrow it though, but someone did explain to me what the term "hanging up" on someone meant when I was 4.

I just can't imagine how it felt to think what you thought at that moment. Nobody should have to endure such fears, such horror!

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Good luck... I didn’t see a date for the surgery, but if it’s already occurred, I hope it went well.

eclark1894

Visionary
I've, so far, decided not to have the surgery. I'm going to take my chances on going without it. Probably a mistake, but...

Hornet3d

Wise
I've, so far, decided not to have the surgery. I'm going to take my chances on going without it. Probably a mistake, but...

Such a decision is always hard to make and there is never a right or wrong answer other than the one that suits you best. I wish you the best, whichever route you decide to take.

eclark1894

Visionary
Things are progressing from bad to worst. Lab work says I have a hormonal inbalance or something. Now I have to have a prostate exam.