• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I have to go in for some surgery...

eclark1894

Visionary
The nurse makes it sound like a big nothing. One day tops, I'm in and out for some heart surgery. I'm not really scared, but I am concerned. The nurse called me today and told me that the doctor was concerned about my cardio vascular imaging last week. I have fluid on the heart and it's enlarging one side of it from what I understood. That's either the same, or kind of like what I went in to the hospital for the last time. They want to run a catheter from my groin to my heart. Obviously I need more info from my doctor on what he wants to do, but I'm not happy.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, here's hoping it turns out to be an easy procedure, and that it relieves any problem the doctor is concerned about.

:grouphug:

DanaTA

Distinguished
I hope the operation remedies the problem and there isn't too tough a recovery!

Dana

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hopefully it'll all go smoothly and you'll have a quick recovery!

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Eek. I sometimes wonder about what doctors and nurses think is "easy". Get well soon.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Sorry to hear that, Earl. I've had that procedure three times now to place a stent to open arteries. The anxiety was the worst part but you will be given a sedative for that. When they go through the groin you can't sit up for a few hours afterwards which can be frustrating. All in all it's a very common procedure these days which is probably why the nurse is treating it like it's no big deal. I've had to spend the night each time and was discharged early the next morning.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good energy out to you for healing solutions.

eclark1894

Visionary
Sorry to hear that, Earl. I've had that procedure three times now to place a stent to open arteries. The anxiety was the worst part but you will be given a sedative for that. When they go through the groin you can't sit up for a few hours afterwards which can be frustrating. All in all it's a very common procedure these days which is probably why the nurse is treating it like it's no big deal. I've had to spend the night each time and was discharged early the next morning.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good energy out to you for healing solutions.
Thanks Lisa. I'm putting the cart a few weeks before the horse since it will still be about three weeks or so before I have to go in. Just enough time to mess with my head.

Hornet3d

Wise
All the best Earl. The procedure sounds similar at least to an angiogram where they send a tube up from the groin to look for narrowing of the blood vessels around the heart. I have had the procedure done twice, or more accurately two and a half times. How do get half a procedure? Well they put the tube up the artery from my groin an ran the procedure but they were not too clear on one of the tests, and went again this time using a vein, I think. All I know was that for the first few days I looked like I had been bitten by a very short vampire. A few days later it looked like I had been kicked in the hip by a mule. I can still remember laying in bed afterwards with what I can only describe was half a football that they place over the wound and pumped up and told me not to move for three to four hours. I know it was to stop the bleeding but my imagination still told me that it was leaking but it never did.

End result from the first one is they discovered I have a hole in the heart which apparently is true for about 10% of the population, it is there as a child and in some people never completely closes. The only negative impact I am told is that I cannot go diving and it is a possible site of infection if I ever had heart surgery. The second time I was told I have some signs of narrowing of the blood vessels but the flow is still normal. A condition my chemist described as an occupation hazard of living as long as I have.

I do understand how your concerns despite this being an everyday procedure, I think I was more scared the second time around when I knew just what the procedure entailed. Strange but the words of my mother still rang in my ears despite the fact I lost her so many years ago, she had a saying 'Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well'.

My thoughts will be with you in the coming weeks.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks Lisa. I'm putting the cart a few weeks before the horse since it will still be about three weeks or so before I have to go in. Just enough time to mess with my head.
Oh, I didn't realize it was out a bit yet. I will be thinking of you nonetheless. :)

eclark1894

Visionary
All the best Earl. The procedure sounds similar at least to an angiogram where they send a tube up from the groin to look for narrowing of the blood vessels around the heart. I have had the procedure done twice, or more accurately two and a half times. How do get half a procedure? Well they put the tube up the artery from my groin an ran the procedure but they were not too clear on one of the tests, and went again this time using a vein, I think. All I know was that for the first few days I looked like I had been bitten by a very short vampire. A few days later it looked like I had been kicked in the hip by a mule. I can still remember laying in bed afterwards with what I can only describe was half a football that they place over the wound and pumped up and told me not to move for three to four hours. I know it was to stop the bleeding but my imagination still told me that it was leaking but it never did.

End result from the first one is they discovered I have a hole in the heart which apparently is true for about 10% of the population, it is there as a child and in some people never completely closes. The only negative impact I am told is that I cannot go diving and it is a possible site of infection if I ever had heart surgery. The second time I was told I have some signs of narrowing of the blood vessels but the flow is still normal. A condition my chemist described as an occupation hazard of living as long as I have.

I do understand how your concerns despite this being an everyday procedure, I think I was more scared the second time around when I knew just what the procedure entailed. Strange but the words of my mother still rang in my ears despite the fact I lost her so many years ago, she had a saying 'Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday and all is well'.

My thoughts will be with you in the coming weeks.
Nice to know you're still around, Hornet. I probably wouldn't be so apprehensive except two of my favorite people died after going into the hospital for "routine" surgery. One of them was Joan Rivers, an the other was a guy named Dwayne McDuffie. I know you know who Joan Rivers was, and Dwayne was the man who created Static Shock, Justice League Unlimited, and Milestone Comics. I didn't know Joan at all, but Dwayne and I got into it every now and then online. I miss him.