I had to say good bye

Discussion in 'Condolences & Sympathies' started by Rokket, Jun 10, 2018.

1. Rokket

Rokket Dances with Bees

The worst part is, things keep happening during my day that I want to get on Facebook and talk to my mom about... And then it hits me.

2. Hornet3d

Hornet3d Distinguished

I am not on facebook and it is some years ago since I lost my mother but I often wanted to tell here about things on a regular basis. Over time the occurances lessened, for me at least, and turned more in to thinking what her reaction would be to something. On events where I know where she would have been proud of me or happy for me I still wish today that she was around to tell, though part of me believes that, wherever she is, she knows about those times anyway.

Bonnie2001 and Rokket like this.
  3. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

4. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

Yes it really does. When my Grandad died earlier this year, the funeral and burial and headstone costs came to over €8,000! His life insurance covered about half of it, but my Mum's share of the remaining bill was €2,000. Oh, and they don't use gold leaf on headstone text any more, they use standard artists Newton and Windsor gold paint which I think is a real cheat.

5. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

Big hugs Rokket :grouphug:

6. LisaB

LisaB HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee Co-Founder

I'm so sorry, Rokket. As much as it is a part of life, death is never easy ... especially losing a parent or a child. The grieving process is very personal and different for everyone so be kind to yourself when you hear yourself or others tell you that you "should" feel or think this or that.

Big hugs to you.

7. RAMWolff

RAMWolff Wolff Playing with Beez! Contributing Artist

Deepest condolences to you and your family. What a great loss but yes, no more pain! HUGS

8. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Extraordinary Contributing Artist

My heartfelt sympathies, I know how bad that hurts to lose your mother.
    It's been six years since I lost mine but I miss her every day.

9. Terre

Terre Distinguished

My condolences as well. :grouphug:
    My apologies for not seeing this earlier. I don't poke around as much as I should.