• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I had to say good bye

Hornet3d

Wise
The worst part is, things keep happening during my day that I want to get on Facebook and talk to my mom about... And then it hits me.

I am not on facebook and it is some years ago since I lost my mother but I often wanted to tell here about things on a regular basis. Over time the occurances lessened, for me at least, and turned more in to thinking what her reaction would be to something. On events where I know where she would have been proud of me or happy for me I still wish today that she was around to tell, though part of me believes that, wherever she is, she knows about those times anyway.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
...It costs more to die than it does to be born... :(

Yes it really does. When my Grandad died earlier this year, the funeral and burial and headstone costs came to over €8,000! His life insurance covered about half of it, but my Mum's share of the remaining bill was €2,000. Oh, and they don't use gold leaf on headstone text any more, they use standard artists Newton and Windsor gold paint which I think is a real cheat.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I'm so sorry, Rokket. As much as it is a part of life, death is never easy ... especially losing a parent or a child. The grieving process is very personal and different for everyone so be kind to yourself when you hear yourself or others tell you that you "should" feel or think this or that.

Big hugs to you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Deepest condolences to you and your family. What a great loss but yes, no more pain! HUGS

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My heartfelt sympathies, I know how bad that hurts to lose your mother.
It's been six years since I lost mine but I miss her every day.

Terre

Renowned
My condolences as well. :grouphug:
My apologies for not seeing this earlier. I don't poke around as much as I should.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Late to the memorial, but please accept my condolences. I don't look forward to the day I have this pain. Mom is still with us, she will be 87 next month.

Dana