• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I had to say good bye

Rokket

Dances with Bees
To my mother. We lost her yesterday. The cancer won the battle. I am taking solace in the fact that she is no longer in so much pain. All of her kids will miss her. She had a major impact on all of our lives.

Good bye mama. Rest in peace. I love you so much

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sending hugs, Rokket - it's never easy...

:grouphug:

eclark1894

Visionary
To my mother. We lost her yesterday. The cancer won the battle. I am taking solace in the fact that she is no longer in so much pain. All of her kids will miss her. She had a major impact on all of our lives.

My sincere condolenses, Rockett.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So sorry to hear this Rockett...my thoughts and wishes go out to your family at this time.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you all for the kind words. It's rough and I am having trouble processing it. I am having to come to grips with the fact that I no longer have a mother or father, since we lost him in 2010.

Me195

Extraordinary

I am so sorry to hear that Rokket. There just are no words. My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you all for the kind words. It's rough and I am having trouble processing it. I am having to come to grips with the fact that I no longer have a mother or father, since we lost him in 2010.

I am really sorry to hear this and my thoughts are with you. I remember vividly the feelings I had when I lost my mother a few years ago, like you I had already lost my father. It was a shock to me to realise I was effectively an orphan, the pain was so real at the time. I hope that you and the rest of the family find peace in the days to come.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
We lost our mother suddenly in January 2006. My father in December 2006. He had been admitted to the hospital after apparently having several small strokes during the night. After several weeks he had been released to a nursing home where he received full time nursing for a week or so. All three of my brothers were able to be with him when he died.

It's odd moments when you remember you no longer have your parents.

Hornet3d

Wise
We lost our mother suddenly in January 2006. My father in December 2006. He had been admitted to the hospital after apparently having several small strokes during the night. After several weeks he had been released to a nursing home where he received full time nursing for a week or so. All three of my brothers were able to be with him when he died.

It's odd moments when you remember you no longer have your parents.

Yes, and thinking you must tell your parents about and then realising you can't, even a voice or a mannerism heard or seen in the street can have your mind racing back. The problem with such moment is they are unexpected and you are not prepared, at least I'm not. Such times hurt, even today and it was such a long time ago we lost them. Happily you can also remember the good times and relive some of the happy moments, a joy that unfortunately is not open to everyone.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I add my sincere condolences as well Rokket. Never easy to lose a parent. My thoughts and prayers go out on behalf of you and your family members.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Thank you all. The initial shock is gone, so the real grieving is about to begin. Along with the pain of the cost of it all... It costs more to die than it does to be born... :(

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thank you all. The initial shock is gone, so the real grieving is about to begin. Along with the pain of the cost of it all... It costs more to die than it does to be born... :(

Boy that is for sure.

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you all. The initial shock is gone, so the real grieving is about to begin. Along with the pain of the cost of it all... It costs more to die than it does to be born... :([/QUOTt

In a way I am glad the initial shock is over and you can begin to grieve, I remember how I felt when I lost my grandfather after a long and horrible fight with cancer. The only positive aspect I could think of at the time was at least his suffering was over. That was many moons ago but recently our next door neighbour died after a similar fight and all the memories came flooding back.

The cost often comes as a shock if it is a new experience for those left behind. As a family we were lucky that we were able to cover the cost of both parents funerals without having too much impact financially but we had the advantage of having a large family who all worked hard to make sure it all happened. I know my in-laws have already prepaid for their funerals but then they have seen so many of the close family die in the last few years, a disadvantage of living into your eighties I guess. Whatever the cost it is a distraction that you don't really need at such a horrible time so I hope it sorts soon for you.