• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Howdy all

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK folks, please stop! I beg you, because my sides are killing me from all the laughing. :rofl:

McGyver

Energetic
I've probably never mentioned this, but I'm a poor sleeper...
Great a sentry duty, terrible at getting rest.
One little noise and I get up and I'm at the door or window barking...
Well, the barking is more or less because my dog died and I know he would have wanted me to keep up with his work...
Granted it's probably not fooling anyone because he would be like 34 now... But anyway, once I wake up it usually takes a long time to go back to sleep.
So last night after a frozen slab of parathas fell out of the freezer onto my foot at 3:30 am, I was a bit awake... And a bit annoyed...
I'm not going to get into how much I hate my refrigerator or how I'm convinced it's actually an ancient malevolent entity posing as a household appliance, just biding it's time until its powerful enough to strike...
I'll leave that for a readme.
The sucky part about being up is that one of two things happens...

1- I stay up and do something creative in hope that I get tired, in which case 90% of the time my stupid brain wakes up and takes over and in mere seconds, hours pass and it's morning and then I'm all zombie-like for the rest of the day (just a bit less brain eating, though).

2- I have to try and go back to sleep before my stupid brain wakes up and starts "thinking" about stuff that it should either ignore until they are a catastrophe, or ignore because they are stupid and pointless.

3- I sneak outside and get into trouble with the raccoons.

Okay, that was three things, but technically it could actually be fifty two things... I was just going for the top two...
Anyway, after briefly considering throwing the frozen parathas out the back door, I decided if I did that would just attract Fat Vinny (the raccoon...)... (He's fat)... (And his first name is Vincent)... (Everyone call him Vinny)...
Vinny would want to hang out and we always get in trouble, so I decided to go for option number two.
But the whole pain in my foot thing woke me up and I ended up lying awake thinking about ALL SORTS OF RANDOM CRAP before finally falling asleep just before dawn.

Which leads me to the point of this post...
scatha... What the hell was your avatar at DAZ... I'm guessing around 2012... ?
Back in the old days of the blue forums...
Well, kind of an aqua color header...

Yeah, I know that's a weird thing to latch onto in the wee hours of the night, but it's far less weird than other things or ideas I've gotten.
It's actually not so weird because, it was the mid point in a whole chain of thoughts that were each connected to each other, one within the next like some bunch of psychological Russian nesting dolls... Which incidentally are called "Matryoshka"... Which one, - I just misspelled, and two,- somehow my iPad knew the spelling of despite the fact it can't spell "drunken" or "murder"... (Nothing nefarious... Example: "the drunken cat's meowing was murder to my ears")...
See, I found that out because I was thinking about something Russian related in the news and likened it to Matryoshkas, but then my brain wouldn't remember the word Matryoshka, so I got up and went to look it up on the internet on my iPad and this thread was the one it opened to and I saw your (scatha's) avatar and my brain tried to distract me from getting all mad and political at 4:30 AM, so it latched onto the "what the hell was scatha's old avatar" thought...
I won't get into the other thoughts and ideas in between that and morning, but I did come up with a great upper housing for my Annihilatron...
Well... Technically it's "my", it's mostly an ancient device capable of either mass destruction or wonderous miracles (that's what the label said)...
I found it in my refrigerator behind a very old freezer burned roast, which I'm trying to repair...
The Annihilatron...
I ate the roast... It was probably four thousand years old and it was pretty terrible.
So far it only preforms miracles... (The Annihilatron)
I need the mass destruction part to work too or I won't be able to sell it on eBay...
A lot of parts were exposed and broken and it could hardly annihilate anything, so I mostly repaired it, except for the outside and I need something snazzy...
See... That made sense.

Well, I should go... The blue radiation is making my beard grow really fast and if I don't power down the Annihilatron, the spiders on my desk are gonna mutate again...
Besides I have a chicken McSomething sandwich waiting for me upstairs...
Bye.

scatha

Adventurous
<this one? *mutter* a simple image upload function that works would be nice...

@McGyver , same name on DAZ, never changed the avatar there.

McGyver

Energetic
Aaaaaaaah.... I'll never sleep now... There is no image...
Well... I suppose I'll have to go hang out with the raccoons tonight...
Yeesh, it's raining too... Nothing like the smell of wet fat raccoon...
It's actually not that bad once you get used to it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's not raining here any more, but earlier this evening it was pouring, and there was actually some lightning and thunder. I'm glad it stopped.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
YAY!! I meant to add to that last post - Clear if known, right? ;)

McGyver

Energetic
Wow... I pictured the character more or less right, the background totally wrong... Thank you... My mind can rest now.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
You know Avatars are interesting. I always wonder, does it bother Hindus that we took a word of theirs with important religious meaning and adapted it to use for little pictures we put on web forums? I mean, from what I know about Hinduism, (which is much more than your average American, but that is probably a low bar) it's a fairly apt metaphor, only doesn't it put us in the place of the Divine? I mean I am one being (well actually I'm millions of tiny beings called cells, but the delusion of my consciousness lets me believe that I am one being, and not really just a survival suit for my appendix) but on the web I appear in many forms. Most of those times those forms are just the default icon, because there are not many places I care about my avatar that much.

But here is different, although why should it be. . . .

I mean I could make my own avatar using Poser for any site. But I don't. And then my first avatar on this site was something I contrived, because I thought I would make a good 'Gadget Girl' using this steam punk hat I had in my runtimes. But it was too busy, too dark, and my attempts to contrive who I am was not that good. And then one day I was playing around and making this massive scene with a dragon, and I was trying to make a little tweak to something on the model sitting on the dragon's tail and switched to the face camera, and suddenly, there I was. My inner Ninja Priestess Who Sits on Dragon Tails was staring back at me. And so I had a new avatar.

Which makes you wonder if that's how sphinxs happened. Some divine being was just playing around and said, "Wow, that's the real me. Not some old guy with a beard. But a badass lion with wings and a human head".

Probably not. But you never know. And thank you to McGyver, for helping me unlock my inner rambler. Also, put those sphinxes in an electro-static discharge bag and then burry them. That should help the The Annihilatron be more mass destructive, and less miraculous (unless you consider mass destruction miraculous, and you know. . . if you start thinking about a certain flood. . . )