• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to upload an animation?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I have an mp4 and although it says it accepts this file type it says “ file too Large”
“ runs to double check on file size”....

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I can’t find a way to read the size.., whoops! Flint was was able to read the file size and each animation is 3?-4 + mb each! Sigh

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I don't think you really can really upload mp4s to the forum. What you need to do is put it somewhere like YouTube and then embed it in the forum from the link you can get by clicking "Share".

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
A good tool for re-encoding and changing file sizes, CoDec, bitrate, adding watermarks, simple filter effects, appending files is VirtualDub. I believe there is an animation resource thread with links to it and it's filters. It's tiny, it's free, but it is not an editor.

As Alisa said, the best option for animations is to use a video host service such as Youtube or Vimeo and then embed the file in your post in the forums.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah start a youtube account, upload there then link the forum to it.