• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to Save Poses in Daz Studio

DanaTA

Distinguished
OK, thank you! I'll have to try to follow that when I'm actually going to try it. But for now, you are saying not to save the translation info, just parent the figure to the prop. I guess that would be instructions to those who get the pose set. Correct?

Dana

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Parent the figure and then DO save the translation info so that it's posed on top of the prop. Otherwise, it will not be on the prop with then pose is applied.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK, thank you! I'll have to try to follow that when I'm actually going to try it. But for now, you are saying not to save the translation info, just parent the figure to the prop. I guess that would be instructions to those who get the pose set. Correct?

Dana

Hi Dana. What I like to do for things like that, is keep the prop in "zero" load position, do the pose with the prop in Zero.

Save the pose without saving the XYZ translate info.

Then, if the end user loads both the prop and the figure in Zero, applying the pose to the figure will pose the figure with the prop.

Another option, if the prop has to be in some other part of the scene window (such as a pose intended to interact with an architectural element at the other end of a room prop) is to save a second "pose" - save it as a Go To pose. ALL the Go-To pose does is adjust the XYZ translation of the figure to "go to" the spot where you intend the pose to be used. This is a nice option because it means the end user can choose to "go to", or simply apply the pose in Zero and then move the figure and prop wherever they want to.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Thank you both for your advice! I am not quick with these things...yet. And I have some family visiting, so I don't have time to work on it yet. But I will let you both know how it works out, in here I guess. I will try to get to it within a week. I need to get on things better. Too much time lapses between things, lately. Real life...meh! ;)

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I haven't forgotten about this. Life has just been a darn nuisance and in the way. Now I need to regroup and look at possible projects to get back up to speed.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'll be sounding like a broken record, but life has really been pulling me in different directions all at once. It's not been smooth sailing. Still, I am trying to get back to things. Thank you for your patience.

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
MeshWorks sale is going on. Couple of purchases already. Encouraged. Must start to move again on my own projects. Need push.

Dana