• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to purchase Zbrush

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've enrolled in The Complete Blender Creator and Create a Character in Blender3D classes, and a few more, but won't have the time to take any of them until I finish the horse barn/stuff I'm currently working on. I may take the Automate Blender with Python classes later. (And who knows how many others, now that I've discovered this website. :)
That's what I like about this site. You sign up for the classes, and then take as long as you need to finish the classes. You basically work at your own pace, so you don't have to rush through the lessons.

I found Section 1, and a good portion of Section 2, of the Complete Blender class to be a little boring to me, but I've been using Blender off and on for years. That said, however, for a beginner who's never used it, it's very well done, and I like the instructor's method of presentation. I really should get back to it so I can do some of the other classes.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I found Section 1, and a good portion of Section 2, of the Complete Blender class to be a little boring to me, but I've been using Blender off and on for years. That said, however, for a beginner who's never used it, it's very well done

Glad to hear that - I'm a complete newbie with Blender. I've been using Hexagon, but am SO tired of it crashing all the time! :mad:

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's why I never got into it. It was so-so on my old WinXP laptop, but was a total bust on this Win7 Pro laptop. I can't deal with that nonsense. Besides Blender does it all, and there's a whole lot missing from Hex.

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I was working on a WinXP laptop, but I'm working on a Win7 Pro desktop now. I suspected that Blender could wipe the floor with Hexagon, but it's nice to hear you confirm that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Blender has been compared with Maya, but it's free, which of course Maya isn't.