• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to get eyebrows or beards to follow once fitted to figure?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I wonder if I have those. Colm always produced great products.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Redz is also a wizard at this stuff and she is just so nice and helpful!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think that your avatar is one of the most realistic I've ever saw out of poser! I also like the other character you haven't released.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Are you talking about the Asian beauty? I really like her too.

Ah the Asian cousin lol. Yeah I don't really like the width of her face.. The head is a bit too big for the body. I don't think I still got that morph. I can create a similar one for the second generation.

Regarding one of the most realistic. Well I don't think it is. I can do better now. And create better normal maps. It takes me many hours to do one head morph. Most people make morphs seperatly and then combine them to make one character. I start from scratch every time. And sculpt after scans or pictures. When that is done and I like the result, then the problems come into play, eyes closed morphs, reposition eyes and mouth interior. I get frustrated every time. Especially lining up the lashes. With gen 8 that is no issue any more.

Sometimes it takes me over 15 hours lol just correcting. I also had to redo a lot of polygon flow due to the mesh not being quads.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I also had an afro American but I don't think I have ever showed any one that morph. I put that away because I couldn't find a good resource to my liking.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes the Asian one, she is quite interesting as is the one in your Avatar.

I've seen heaps of realistic Iray renders but not any of people from Poser.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
brow.jpg

This is what i have in zbrush, I still have to find a way to attach them to the mesh in Poser. I cannot do that right now, because I have only the mesh of Dawn 2, so I have to wait for the full package, like everybody else haha. But we will find a way I am positive.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Issue, without the face chips for version 1 of either figure, is that it's a nightmare to get working with expressions. Once the chips are in place like DS's Genesis 8 or La'Femme or L'Homme, things will be easier

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Issue, without the face chips for version 1 of either figure, is that it's a nightmare to get working with expressions. Once the chips are in place like DS's Genesis 8 or La'Femme or L'Homme, things will be easier

Gen 8 has face chips? I hate those face chips on la femme and l'homme. To be honest i totally dislike both figures haha, not a popular opinion i guess.
The face and eyes are so wrong and all look the same.

Anyway i digress. I think if people give Dawn 2 a chance, she'll be the talk of the town. Very good mesh!