• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to get eyebrows or beards to follow once fitted to figure?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I always hide the chips on LF and LH. I don't do Genesis, or I would do that too, if it's possible in DS.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
The chips for Genesis are hidden by default but man when I put my beard on Genesis 8 Male and it worked with all the expressions and morph dials for the face I was blown away. I was informed that this also works for La'Femme and L'Homme. When there was talk that the Hivewire figures 2.0 series is done they will also have face chips. Hate them or love them but for conforming face props they are a must!

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
The chips for Genesis are hidden by default but man when I put my beard on Genesis 8 Male and it worked with all the expressions and morph dials for the face I was blown away. I was informed that this also works for La'Femme and L'Homme. When there was talk that the Hivewire figures 2.0 series is done they will also have face chips. Hate them or love them but for conforming face props they are a must!
I have attached a lot of things on Genesis and it always worked. Never seen it work so easily before.

So in Genesis they are hidden, I dont see them when I goz Genesis to zbrush. I have seen them on LA femme and also on model Bella, for me a lot extra frustrations haha when I morph beyond the normal.
I rip the model apart every way I can and build up again to in-dawn or un-genesis them.

But we will see. I like things the hard way haha. Bit of self torture

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Genesis doesn't have face chips - they were introduced in G8, although I believe G3 has something as well.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, that's interesting that you say in ZBrush you've seen the chips. I don't ever see those but then again I use the hide dial to turn them off as they can be distracting for other areas of production or setting things up where your working with the face and they are visible. I've become good friends with that OFF dial! LOL

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I haven't forgotten the eyebrows. I managed to create almost the same brows as Dawn 2's texture set. If there is interest i can send them to the hive crew. I cannot test if the rigging works, because I only have the static mesh.

Attachments

• browsdawn.jpg
    browsdawn.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 169