• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to deactivate so that I can reactivate?

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have apparently used up my activations for Poser 11 during my whole, move computers, wipe computer drive, wipe computer drive again, reinstall again, fiasco last month. How do I get it to let me activate again? I should say, I've been to Smith and it wants: Deactivation certificate file content, which I have no idea where to find.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I have apparently used up my activations for Poser 11 during my whole, move computers, wipe computer drive, wipe computer drive again, reinstall again, fiasco last month. How do I get it to let me activate again? I should say, I've been to Smith and it wants: Deactivation certificate file content, which I have no idea where to find.

Go the Smith Micro home page (Smith MicroLogo top left)
Then open the menu bar on Support, select License Manager.
Login into your account
Now you will see your activated licenses.
Click on the license you want to deactive
You will get more info on the license. Now to deactivate, press the Edit button on the bottom right.
You will now see a list of all the places where that product is activated, press Remove and that one will be deactivated

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When I do that (which is where I was before), I get this:
License.jpg

I don't even have Poser 10! And if I click on Update, nothing happens. I don't find an "edit" button. :(

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
My steps were slightly different from what I had found posted on Smith Micro forums (which are the same steps Glitter posted).

Once logged in, I selected License Activation from the Licenses drop down which is on the left.
That gave me a different screen than what Dakorillon shows.

upload_2017-7-21_23-27-14.png

I was able to select the product (Poser 11).

By default, activationcertificate file content was entered in the Request file content text field.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When I go to that page, it gives me the same thing. When I choose the software (either to activate or deactivate) there is nothing in the activationCertificate file content. And nothing fills in. I must have something messed up. I guess I'll wait for the ticket to get looked at. Thank you all for helping. I just wasn't meant to work on stuff today.

aqua1955

Normal they give you a nice answer and what to do. That is at least what I found during the last 12 years on Smith Micro. It is only a pity that they removed their very old stuf, so if you have it on a drive, please make a backup of it.
My question to you is if you messed up with a inlog name or a serial number. My first thing I do is making a readable file on a disk (DVD) with serial numbers and program with updates. Beside that I have a disk with all my poser files.
I wipe my disks also on a regular base to rub away all old files that stay on my harddisk. Never though had problems with activation.
Hope they soon will give you a clear answer, so you can go on with making artwork.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Got in touch with them. They had to reset something, because I hadn't decatived before uninstalling. But, it does start up now, just have to get everything reloaded! thanks for the help, folks!