• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How BIG can I make a library thumbnail?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I usually do 100x100, though I think, but not positive, you can go as high as 125x125.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Really? You must have a large monitor with loads of space for you Library. I'm working on a laptop, so I think those might be a bit too large for the way I have my Library set up.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I do 125 x 125 as that's the limit for HiveWire products.

However, I set my thumbnail display size to the highest it will go in Poser, which is 203 x 203.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, not sure if I have my display size as the highest. I should check that.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Mmm there you go then...I usually do mine...100 wide and whatever the length is...

Darryl

Adventurous
Really? You must have a large monitor with loads of space for you Library. I'm working on a laptop, so I think those might be a bit too large for the way I have my Library set up.
I use a desktop with two monitors so that gives me a bit of room.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I had FUN making my thumbs...learned to make the image much LIGHTER so reduction does not make it hard to see....

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's one way to look at it Rich, though I'd probably round it out to 200x200.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
You can change the size the thumbnail shows in poser in the tree...I find that 100 wide then enables everyone to make their own size it shows on the tree...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yap max size on Poser is 200x200 Daz ..... 91x91 though Not sure if older versions of poser can read the larger thumb sizes? Ram's logic is pretty sound.

Kalypso

Inspired
Hi Lyne! Keep in mind that the thumbnail also doesn't need to be square as long as it's within the limit of 200. Depending on what you want to show you can make a portrait sized one like 125x200.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just fyi, for products sold at HW, we do have specific sizes we prefer:

DS: 91x91 or 125x125

Poser: minimum 91x91 - maximum 200x200

They must be square.

Kalypso

Inspired
Thanks for the clarification Alisa, I was just going by what I see in my libraries from vendors at other places. If it's for a freebie or personal use I suppose one could make it as it pleases them but I understand the need for uniformity in a business. :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Absolutely - you can do whatever you want for freebies or personal use :). That wasn't meant to tell you you're wrong, just want to clarify for those selling. In Lyne's case, she's doing some awesome freebies, so all info is very helpful to her!