• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hoodie for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is the hoodie I made for Dawn back in 2016, but never released it. It's a lot of fun to make a new item for personal use, since it's much harder to bullet-proof it for the store. Well, I got over the laziness and finally started to bullet-proof it in both Poser and DS. The current versions are pretty solid by now on the weight maps part, and now I am testing the morphs support part.

Here's how it looks on DawnSE with "Body Type-8".

Promo00_1000x1300.jpg

It includes 13 materials, where this is one of them. It also includes 3 adjustment dials to fit pants. I am using one of them below.

Promo00_600x800.jpg

The outfit is very detailed. It is mostly symmetric, except for the hood and front pocket, which makes it more realistic. Here you can see it with no textures - using just the bump map.

Promo04_600x800.jpg

I am beta-testing the morphs support in Poser and DS now, and working on the promo materials. Shouldn't be long now. :)

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you guys for the feedback! The promos are now done, but beta-testing is still running its course. With some luck, maybe it could be ready by the end of this week.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
It is really nice, but to me the ribbing around the cuffs and the lower band are wrong the ribbing should also be verticle not horizontal.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It is really nice, but to me the ribbing around the cuffs and the lower band are wrong the ribbing should also be verticle not horizontal.

I was thinking about that the other day. I may have to redo all the textures.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Redone the promos to reflect the texture changes. Updated all of them from the first post as well. :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
You are welcome! It's actually inspiring me to do some Dawn renders. I almost Never do people renders and less female than men.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Sooooo, when can we expect to see this in your store????? :whistling:

It doesn't depend on me at the moment, since it's under beta-testing. Having to test for Poser and DS as different products also doubles the chance of something going wrong. I could hope, with some luck, that it could be ready by this weekend.

Ah, it will be usable in Studio. Excellent!

As it has been with the great majority of my store products, right? I think there are only 1 or 2 exceptions. :)

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Redone all the textures to add this little change suggested by @tparo. That was bugging me too. It's a small detail, but it makes the cloth more realistic. I have updated the texture maps, and now the fabric grain runs the direction it was supposed to. :)

View attachment 56446

Sorry it was more work - but it does in my eyes look so much better a lot more realistic.