• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Website Trojan?!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
It sort of bugs me that whatever I search with Google haunts me everywhere I go with ads. They spy on us and then try to sell it back to us. That has stopped since I switched to DuckDuckGo.com, which does exactly the same as Google, but doesn't spy on us. :)

There's a fascinating podcast about cyber-tracking and how they profile you on fivethirtyeight:

Internet Tracking Has Moved Beyond Cookies

They suggest using "Ghostery" which helps to limit the tracking

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There's a fascinating podcast about cyber-tracking and how they profile you on fivethirtyeight:

Internet Tracking Has Moved Beyond Cookies

They suggest using "Ghostery" which helps to limit the tracking

Oh yes, data mining is a field of Computer Science, and some of my university colleges are experts on this area. They use artificial intelligence techniques to survey and profile people's behavior. There is big money involved, where Google was the one spearheading this technology to spy on people. I was part of this research group for a while, but I started to question some serious ethic issues, and moved to computer graphics instead.

My advice: don't use Google services. Much more recently, Microsoft has joined the data mining by introducing them in several Windows 10 components. In other words, it tracks you down to build your profile. Cortana is their biggest spying component. At least they are nice enough to let you know you are being spied and give you ways to disable Cortana if you want to.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
If you are having "Access Denied" at Hivewire3D.com with Kaspersky, here are the steps to add Hivewire 3D to the list of trusted sites:

1. Open Kaspersky Anti-Virus
2. Click the Settings button (bottom left corner)
3. Click the "Protection" option (2nd from top)
4. Click the "Web Anti-Virus" option (2nd from top)
5. Click "Advanced Settings".
6. Click "Configure trusted URLs"
7. Click the "Add" button at the bottom.
8. Enter "hivewire3d.com" on the "web address mask (URL)" box.
9. Click the "Add" button at the bottom.

Now the "access denied" will be lifted, though you might still get some complains about "malicious" code.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
This issue should be resolved now. Please let us know if you continue to have issues.

Thank you for your patience!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Lisa! I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus and it's resolved on my side. I have asked other people who use ZoneAlarm firewall if it has resolved it for them too, and I am waiting for their reply. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It was actually HW who fixed it. Kaspersky just kept passing me to tech support from "tier1" to "tier2", then to "tier3", and nothing was resolved. :eek:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
However it was done I'm grateful and Kaspersky will now let me access the site which it wasn't previously...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, and it has also resolved the same issue with ZoneAlazm firewall that was blocking access as well. :)

Riccardo

Adventurous
I am Sorry to inform you that I still (or again) have the same issue with Opera/Yandex.
By the way, I also appreciate the search engines mentioned before...
DuckDuckGo
StartPage Web Search
Which I am have been using for some time. An I would add the makers of Startpage
Ixquick Search Engine
and
Disconnect Search: Search privately using your favorite search engine
which is the current search default of Tor Browser
Tor Browser

dangeroushive.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow, I am surprised there is an Anti-Virus pickier then Kaspersky. Make sure Lisa knows this, do HW can do something about it. :)

BMK

Inspired
Just reporting that Kaspersky likes HW now. Thank you for the effort! :inlove:
(Off to shop now.)