• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Mule Deer

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
And LOL- make sure you highlight what is what for me too:) (Actually you pretty much always do- thank you!! Your UV skills have really improved immensely!!!! since you started, and moaned about them back when:)

They are still not my favorite thing to work with.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just need to praise/say how awesome Chris's UV skills have become- he really listens to us lowly texture artists so we can make the best/most detailed textures with the least amount of stretching and loss of detail. Something that made me totally insane at that "other" store:)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
They are still not my favorite thing to work with.

I can totally imagine how much working with UVs sucks.... What little I tried to do put me close to going in an insane asylum:) Which is why I quit trying to model and UV....

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I can totally imagine how much working with UVs sucks.... What little I tried to do put me close to going in an insane asylum:) Which is why I quit trying to model and UV....

And the result is that you're right where you need to be. That is creating super gorgeous textures. I just love to see the mesh come alive with your skins, and then on top of that see them move with poses and a detailed rig by Paul. The crazy thing is to imagine that Ken Gilliland does all of that and more all by his lonesome. To me that is why he's earned the name "3D MacGyver".

But back to you Laurie, your work is such an amazing thing to witness.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I just need to praise/say how awesome Chris's UV skills have become- he really listens to us lowly texture artists so we can make the best/most detailed textures with the least amount of stretching and loss of detail. Something that made me totally insane at that "other" store:)

"lowly" that's funny.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@CWRW there is noting "lowly" about your work! There are days I am amazed that my poor attempts are being sold alongside one of the creators that inspired me to start creating myself :oops::notworthy:

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I can't imagine ever considering Laurie's texturing skills as "lowly". Not even by a wild stretch of the imagination!
It is interesting that some 3 D artists do seem to think of the textures as somehow secondary- but for me, a bad texture can totally ruin a great model. It really seems to be an equal partnership- like Laurie and Chris have.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree, and I hate to say it, but the opposite is true as well. A really great texture can upgrade a mediocre mesh, though you never have to worry about that in THIS store. ;)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Chris I was wondering - will there be antlers for the White-tail deer, since they are shaped differently than those of the Mule Deer?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Red Stag Antlers complete with UVs now.

Morph167.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes nancy, Chris' talent is amazing.

Oh, and welcome to the HiveWire forums. :)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Quick update. Our gorgeous Mule deer has been delayed due to focus on making sure our adorable Puppy was available in time for Christmas. And now that that has happened all production efforts are back on our Deer.

We thank you for your support and patience.

This Mule deer and supporting cast will be amazing!