• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire is my HOME!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
On the web.... my 'home community'... thank goodness for you, the entire team! I can't express enough how much this loving community means to me...and today just one more 'nail in the coffin' was placed on my original home on the 'net at Rendo. They DELETED my entire FreeStuff Thread, because my freebies are "LINKED OFF SITE"!

I had (funny I said HAD, not have) been at Rendo since 2002, NO KIDDING...and with this act, I'm seriously considering deleting my entire gallery there... I've promoted their products, their website THAT long...and now they don't want my thread anymore because it does not promote (force people to become a member to download freebies) their website.

Since my website itself is MY LEGACY...being all about me, of me, my art, my poems, my LIFE STORY, and ALL my freebies, I will always host all parts of ME there... I've even provided for a (younger) good friend to continue to host my website/contents after I pass from this life!

Anyway, now, their actions have really caused me to APPRECIATE (even MORE, as I have loved it here since I came) the open, loving freedom I feel here at HiveWire... Don't EVER change, you guys! You are THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
I have heard about this happening to other people. Seems like they want to keep things to themselves and not appreciate that the work is actually done by the content maker and is not the property of a certain site.

I hardly use Rendo now, there are a lot of reasons for it, but no good in rehashing things.

The best thing to do is....... forget them. Do your freebies, post your links here and people will find them. Just do as other have and set up a thread in the freebies section called Lyne's Freebies and post in there when something nice appears.

I appreciate it when someone makes a freebie as I remember when I didn't have a lot and freebies were the only thing I could download from various sites.

All the best.

Richard

frogimus

Adventurous
That's a shame about their decision. It seems to be affecting a lot of people and I believe they will learn (too late) that it hurts their business.

As for HW being home, I can totally relate. I haven't opened Poser or Studio for a couple weeks now. Out of the mood. I get like that and things cycle on and off for me. But the atmosphere here keeps me coming back. I will even buy assets occasionally though it may be a few months before I even unpack and use them.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sorry to hear this Lyne, but it's not the first time Renderosity has pulled this. I remember them trying it once before years ago, and I can relate with your being a long-time member there. I joined in April 2000, and hung out in the Bryce forum until Shelly convinced me to try Poser's outdoor/landscape products, and introduced me to RDNA and DAZ 4 1/2 years later.

I rarely visit the forums in their entirety, and currently only hang out in the Blender forum when I have a question or problem I can't figure out on my own. I can't remember the last time I was in their Poser forum, and have no desire to do so.

As far as purchases, there's about 1/2 dozen vendors I like a lot and support, but I'm only there buying when I see something featured in their newsletter OR there's a nice coupon I can use on any wishlisted items. Now-a-days, this is the only store I'll be purchasing at on a regular basis. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
So sorry that happened, Lyne. :(

We aim to stay a home, a community - Lisa and Chris set that standard for that and it's important for us, as are all of you.

:wub:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne,

I expressed my thoughts on this in your other thread here, so I won't rehash those now. All I will say is - there is a reason I chose this place to sell at, a reason I chose this place to work for... and a reason that this is really the only 3D forum that I'm honestly "active" on.

You just keep doing you. You make your freebies when you wish to and are able to, you post them here like you've been doing. They will be found. No worries on that, they will definitely be found. 3D folks have a way of finding freebie havens one way or another. Google is a really good search tool. :)

Look at it this way... it's their loss, not yours.

:grouphug:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm sorry to hear they did that to you Lyne, I have one... exactly one... freebie that I released there, and it was so long ago and it was such a newbie thing that I'm half ashamed to claim it.

Course now I know I won't be doing freebies there any more, and likely will never sell there as well as I really can't condone such practices.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm sorry you were disappointed Lyne. Lord knows, I've had my problems with Rendo in the last year or so. They're the reason I consider Hivewire my new home forum as well. BUT, and coming from me, this is a BIG BUT, go ahead and post your freebies on Rendo's Freestuff as well. After all, the point is to share with the community, and Rendo IS a part of the community. I used to post my links to freebies over at DAZ, even though by that time, i was rarely buying or posting there anymore. I don't do it much anymore, because I don't make as many freebies as I used to. I did delete my freestuff gallery over at Rendo because of my disappointment in them. Kind of sorry I did that, but a lot of that stuff was terrible anyway, but it did help me learn and get better.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
But that's my point, eclark... I CAN'T post my freebies there...I have NEVER uploaded MY freebies there, they are hosted on my own website because it's my showcase... It's just that they will NO LONGER allow me to post a link to my freebies... gosh, with their attitude, I'd NEVER ... well already said that...

I do have a thread here that I update as I can...and happy to have it! :)
Lyne's Creations Freebies

and THANK you EVERYONE for your added reassurance and sympathies!! I appreciate it! :grouphug:

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You're so right about Hivewire...it is my home when on the net and the first place I visit when I turn on the computer.

I totally get wanting to have your own website and being able to set it up the way you want it to be. I used to have my own my only problem was the time spent maintaining it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, Lyne, if you look at the wider community, you see that Rendo has become less and less valuable to the Poser community, so it's really no loss to you or your freebie collection. Since RO has become DAZToo, Poser users have fewer reasons to even visit.

Think about it.....where did the vendors from RDNA who didn't go to DAZ go? NOT Renderosity. That should tell you all you need to know.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well my site doesn't really need "maintaining".... I just add to it with art, freebies and now my WIP section that is actually Poser tips and tricks ... so it's just fun and I do it as I feel like it. :) But I can understand...time - that precious thing we have to portion out! (and need more of!)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Time is precious especially as I work in a job that often requires extra time at home doing things. I made the decision that I would rather spend that time creating than maintaining.
It sounds like you have your site set up just as you want it which is great!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Everyone, please remember to express opinions but not bash other sites.

Thankyouverymuch :)

D

Deleted member 325

Think about it.....where did the vendors from RDNA who didn't go to DAZ go? NOT Renderosity. That should tell you all you need to know.
In fairness, I went everywhere...but this is where I feel I can focus community efforts. There is much more openness to discussions in general, and a more helpful feel.
I have my issues with Rendo... I do not like a lot of their more recent decisions and policies... but in fairness, despite some very rough issues between myself and their marketplace staff, they were still willing to take me on as a vendor, so I am giving them a chance too. My free items will likely migrate to my ShareCG account once RDNA is gone.

I am really going to miss RDNA though, losing it has left an emptiness in me.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I always say Onwards and Upwards Lyne! We all have moments where we don't feel appreciated and even slighted but there are always other things, places and people waiting with open arms! HUGS

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, Ram! I sure get that HERE in heaps and piles... oh eeek, that just sounds wrong! eheheheahahahaa... and now I'm laughing, grinning... HiveWire people are healing...!!!