• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire House Cat Begins

*waves* Thanks, Alisa. Our lovable monster was definitely memorable. It's been decades, but still miss him (I'm a tragic case, I know). Actually, we had a couple manx catss and they were a bit Garfield-like in personality. LOL They wanted attention when they deemed it so, but were a law unto themselves the rest of the time (which was fine, I'm not into "lap kitty" sort of "attention always" sorts).

Hi, Chris. Thank you. :) I've only had a chance to load the cat in Poser once, but I like it a lot.

Zaarin

Brilliant
*waves*

That's a definitely interesting breed, Tigger!

Manx Cat Breed - Facts and Personality Traits | Hill's Pet

and this:

Because the hind legs are thicker (in comparison to the average cat) and longer than the front legs, the Manx has a tendency to run like a hare. The normal walking, running and turning actions of this cat are affected by this body conformation.

Color sort of looks like Laurie's Tabbys, but the body shape and that stump of a tail are sure unique!

I'm a linguistics geek, and one of my linguistic books talking about child language acquisition was discussing the concept of "prototypes" (i.e., the first thing you think of when you hear a word--for example, most of us probably associate the word "cow" with a Holstein). To demonstrate the concept he explained that he had a Manx cat, so his toddler daughter always drew cats without tails because for her the prototypical cat was a Manx. :p

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
aww, cute, Zaarin!

Oh, I don't think you're a tragic case for missing your kitties, Tigger. I can relate!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Sooooo may I ask, what about our Kitten?? I know he will "sell like hotcakes".... :) I've SO MANY art ideas.... !

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
well.... sometimes it just 'builds up'.... my anxiousness.... (actually for so MANY of the HW goodies... it's HARD to wait, even though I understand that SUCH SUPER QUALITY takes time) I sorry.... just had to 'let some of the pressure off'.... now I'll go back to playing with the horse....and Sora... and... ;)

Lianam

Eager
Here kitty, kitty, kitty. The gestation period for a kitty is 64-67 days. I'm starting to worry that our cat might need a C-Section ;) Perhaps Santa will deliver?

I was wondering/thinking the same. Wonter has decended on me here and I am starting to work on 3D art stuff now. I can't do much with snow, cold, frozen ground, etc outside soooo...:)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here kitty, kitty, kitty. The gestation period for a kitty is 64-67 days. I'm starting to worry that our cat might need a C-Section ;) Perhaps Santa will deliver?

So sorry for the delay. I thank you for your patience. Our HiveWire products all get fed thru a specific pipeline to completion. The Kitten is next on the list, right now we're very close to wrapping up another current product first.

Lianam

Eager
So sorry for the delay. I thank you for your patience. Our HiveWire products all get fed thru a specific pipeline to completion. The Kitten is next on the list, right now we're very close to wrapping up another current product first.

Cool. New stuff and kitten next. :)

Working on some poses. Want to do a combined set like I did for the Big Cat and cub so I can't finish until the kitten comes out. Here's one I like - calling it "War Dance" for the moment.

View attachment 20043
When I got my first cat at 11 years old, that was the way she greeted me including sideway jumps. She was only 7 weeks old and just moved into her furever home and met all kind of strangers.......