• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Gorilla From Dusk Underway!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Been itching to get this one started. So for now I'm just taking it on as a muse project, similar to the Dusk skeleton. I'll just work this one in when I can. Right now Kitty (big cat) is my modeling first priority.

Just work that I've done this evening. Much to do, but this is the hardest part really. Want to do this one as a pure morph from Dusk.

GorillaWork1.JPG
GorillaWork2.JPG
GorillaWork3.JPG
GorillaWork4.JPG
GorillaWork5.JPG
GorillaWork6.JPG
GorillaWork7.JPG
GorillaWork8.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
HOT DAMN!!! That's looking like a super morph for Dusk. You do amazing things Chris, and I so envy your modeling abilities. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks kind folks. Starting some times is the hard part to want to show the early stages. But I believe it will only get better from here.

So excited about this morph.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm so "on board" with ANYTHING you create, Chris... this is fantastic.... The mapping will be a challenge, though... how to make him look hairy?

http://cdn2.arkive.org/media/EA/EA0...wland-gorilla-silverback-feeding-in-marsh.jpg

they seem to have hair that stands up on the head.... been watching Ken's Kiwi way of getting "fluff"....and wondering if this is a way to get "hair" on dogs, cats, etc... a model with no need for dynamic hair or DS hair?

Still... This gorilla will go in my cart and join my runtime, regardless!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's a great reference image Lyne. I wouldn't mind hair like that for Kong the Gorilla. ;)

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oooh a morph for Dusk, love that idea. Truly I do.

When you're done monkeying around with him I look forward to my chance to do the same.