• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

HiveWire 3D "Jungle Love!" Rendering Challenge

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, another quick question. In the Guidelines and FAQs section, you mention you'd like us to describe what software we used. As a general rule, I usually include a small icon tag (Poser/DS/Bryce) with my sig on all my renders. Would you prefer that I didn't do that, and just mention it when I post any entries?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
There is no issue with including a small icon with your sig. Looking forward to what you create! Enjoy!

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
I have Lisa's jungle mist from when it was sold else where would that still count?

Well we would have no way of knowing where and when you bought it unless we took the time to check your account here. So yes, while it would qualify it, the point of the rules to include one other thing from the Jungle Love sale category is that we share the love with our Contributing Artists. These folks worked hard and were passionate and excited to be working on a theme together. We would love to see you all support them with your purchases of their content.

pRabbit

That sounds like a fun contest. I've got a few questions: can the up to 4 pictures tell a continous story or are they all judged for themselves? Should this/these picture(s) speak for themselves or would it be okay to add to add a text-based little story to them? Reason for the latter question is that "print quality" is demanded, so I wildly assume that the resulting pictures may become part of a portfolio to show the quality of the models and the capabilities of the used software. Also, are the software prizes transferable/giftable?

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi @pRabbit and welcome to the Hive! Great questions!

1) 4 pictures - They can be related if you wish however they will be judged as a single image and not as it's related to another.

2) You can certainly allow the images to speak for themselves or you can add text to it if you wish. Again, this is a rendering contest and not a story contest. If the text supports the image, that's great! But the image needs to stand on its own without text.

3) We included some of our previous contest winners in our 2016 HiveWire 3D Calendar and may choose to do so again.

4) HiveWire 3D does allow winners to gift or transfer their HiveWire 3D prizes to whomever they wish. Other contest sponsors may have different rules around that.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One question that I just thought of...is it okay for CA's to enter and if I use Diva does that count as my second product or do I need to use something else? I've got a render I would like to enter which uses Lisa's Cinnamon Ferns but I bought them a long time ago at Daz so they don't qualify...it's okay if it doesn't count as I have something I can use that I bought recently I just didn't think to use it for this render...

Edited to add...just realised JoJo for Luna is in there and I used that so I only need to know if CA's can enter?

LisaB

Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, it okay for CAs to enter the contest.

As mentioned earlier the rule of using one additional thing from the category is meant to reward CAs who worked really hard on their products. Sure you can use something you already own but if you can manage to pick up something else it will go a long way to showing our artists that you want them to keep making products for you.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's good Lisa...already found I have included the JoJo texture for Luna...just didn't realise that was in the Jungle love section. I have some ideas for the other renders also...thanks for the info!

pRabbit

Hi @pRabbit and welcome to the Hive! Great questions!

1) 4 pictures - They can be related if you wish however they will be judged as a single image and not as it's related to another.

2) You can certainly allow the images to speak for themselves or you can add text to it if you wish. Again, this is a rendering contest and not a story contest. If the text supports the image, that's great! But the image needs to stand on its own without text.

3) We included some of our previous contest winners in our 2016 HiveWire 3D Calendar and may choose to do so again.

4) HiveWire 3D does allow winners to gift or transfer their HiveWire 3D prizes to whomever they wish. Other contest sponsors may have different rules around that.

Looking forward to seeing what you create!

Ah, wonderful - thanks for the clarification! :)

FrahHawk

Inspired
I don't see any in the Jungle Love Contest Gallery. Wondering when it will be posted to the contest gallery.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't see the Jungle Love Contest Gallery when I looked a day or two ago, so it may have been created recently.

I'll try to get the current submissions uploaded tonight after work.

Carola

Inspired
I bought the asiatic lily when it was on Daz, but I just fell in love with the jungle heat textures so bought them without a second thought :) and the lizards too. I ended up writing down the items from Hivewire properly, but ended with only a "footnote" about the other items used, hope that was ok?