• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hexagon tutorials

Lobo3433

Admirable
I just found that many of the original video tutorials that use to be included in the Hexagon user manual are now available on Youtube and they are well worth the time to watch they cover about all the available tools with in Hexagon. These are a dated back to when Hexagon release 2.0 so should be able to follow them in the new Beta release of Hexagon

Daz 3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just found that many of the original video tutorials that use to be included in the Hexagon user manual are now available on Youtube and they are well worth the time to watch they cover about all the available tools with in Hexagon. These are a dated back to when Hexagon release 2.0 so should be able to follow them in the new Beta release of Hexagon
Ohhh, thanks Lobo. Those should come in handy for those who haven't tried Hex yet, but want to play with the new Beta that's out.

I'm not necessarily a fan of Hex, but it's good to see it's being updated, as it's been quite a while since the last update.

Miss B

CV-BEE
While those tutorials were a big help later on, I found them frustrating at first. They didn't tell you where to find the tool on the menu!

For beginners, the free Geek At Play Hexagon tutorials are a bit more informative.
I can't recall if I ever tried that set of tutorials on my last WinXP Pro laptop, but I never could get Hex to behave on this Win7 Pro laptop, so I'm sure I haven't looked at them in the past 5 years.

That said, Geek At Play usually has some really nice tutorials.

Lobo3433

Admirable
On thing I did with Hexagon when I installed it on Windows 10 and this I had discovered when still using Windows 7 is instead of installing it in its default location Program Files (x86) folder I installed it to the root of my C:\ and that minimized crashing and freezing up. Now the new Beta version can only be installed from the DIM installer so can not do the same or I just have not figured out how to do it but so far it has been stable and have not had an issue with it. Plus it is my understanding that both can be installed on the same system side by side. Geek A Play does have some great tutorials but I remember some time back many were interested in these as they were the one that were link right in the user manual for Hexagon 2.0 I actually still had that original manual and it was much larger than the current because the tutorials were right in the manual. I do hope they help some

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I don't install ANY software, 2D or 3D, in Program Files, unless it's something that doesn't give you an option, like my FireFox browser and such. I have a 2 directories at the root C:\ drive, one for 2D applications and one for 3D applications.

I may try the new Hex beta, but I'm not holding out for it to behave better than when I first installed the previous version on this laptop.

Lobo3433

Admirable
It is being offered as free and there is suppose to be some changes coming sometime in 2018 like 64 bit support and redesign changes and improvements but will have to wait and see except for possible ease when working with Daz Genesis figures most everything else I can do in Blender when it comes to Modeling

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, I'm a Blender addict, though I also have Silo, which I find easier to create clothing in for some reason.

As far as 64 bit support for Hexagon, that may be the change it needs to get it to behave more stable on my 64 bit laptop.

Lobo3433

Admirable
64 bit support I feel is crucial if it is going to make a come back Silo has done it and except for a few hiccups it is a much more stable modeler than it was plus for entry level modelers for Hobbyist I think Blender Hexagon and Silo are the only worth while go to tools for learning and getting your feet wet so to speak

Miss B

CV-BEE
I happen to agree with you, especially once Blender comes out with the new UI, which according to reports I've read, will make things easier for n00bs to work with it's setup.