• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Help!!! How do I????

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I wonder if you are talking about reward points...because that is different...you can get awarded reward points for images posted in the gallery if your image is picked...also when you buy something you get reward points for that purchase...
Just in case that's what you meant...

eclark1894

Visionary
It's not, but if it were about the vendor, I'd reach out to you, Chris, or Alisa privately, so thanks. It is a general question, so I'll ask in the link you provided.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OK so I feel dumb... I can't find a "create a new album" to even START to HAVE my own album so I can link/share the same image in 2-3 threads... I looked at "understanding media" but with MY brain, I can't find a 'step 1-2-3' kind of thing...

Is there a thread on exactly how to do this or a post I am just not seeing?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Here ya go Lyne, it's a screenshot of where you need to be to create a new album.

You start by clicking on the Media link at the top of the forum, and then clicking on Add Media.

CreateAnAlbum.jpg

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
OK so I feel dumb... I can't find a "create a new album" to even START to HAVE my own album so I can link/share the same image in 2-3 threads... I looked at "understanding media" but with MY brain, I can't find a 'step 1-2-3' kind of thing...

Is there a thread on exactly how to do this or a post I am just not seeing?

I also had problems figuring the gallery out and gave up, so you aren't alone.
To me the use of the word media is confusing o begin with.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I agree it took some getting used to on the wording as Media = Gallery...

To add images to the media gallery --

1.) Click on the "Media" tab at the top of the forums.
2.) Now look in the upper right hand corner of the screen. There's a button that says "Add Media." Click that.
3.) Select where you want the image added - your own album, or an album that already exists on the site. Note that if you do not currently have any albums set up, you can do that from this page. You would just select "Create an Album" from the dropdown instead. (For reference : How to Create an Album.)
4.) Once you've selected either your album or a site category, the upload page appears. Click on the "Upload" button, locate the image you want to upload, select it, and click "OK." The page will now upload your image. (See This Post for information regarding image dimension and file size limits.)
5.) When the image finishes uploading, an additional form will appear on the page. Fill out the form. Image title, caption, and tags get entered here. (See This Post for how to edit/upload your own thumbnails for an image.)

And for additional reference, Lisa provided a visual breakdown of the various parts of the Media page in this post here : Understanding Media and Galleries.

upload_2016-3-24_8-7-41.png

upload_2016-3-24_8-11-27.png

upload_2016-3-24_8-18-38.png

upload_2016-3-24_8-25-57.png

When choosing "Create an Album," a new dialogue window will appear.
Enter your album title, and album description.
Set your permissions; the permissions options are the same for both Viewing and Adding to an album :
You can choose to make the album private (Owner Only), allow everyone on the net to view the contents (Everyone), or allow only HiveWire site members to view the contents (Members Only), or you can choose to allow only the people you follow to view the album. If you only want certain specific people to be able to view it, choose "Custom Users," and you will be able to enter specific member names.

upload_2016-3-24_8-35-59.png

Hope this helps.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I wonder if you are talking about reward points...because that is different...you can get awarded reward points for images posted in the gallery if your image is picked...also when you buy something you get reward points for that purchase...
Just in case that's what you meant...

and... @Alisa and/or @LisaB I'm just curious because I can't seem to find where I've been awarded points for the monthly gallery images of mine -the ones that have actually been posted in the monthly gallery … I tried to look in my reward points area of the store when I was logged in and not only could I not get it to show more than 10 items at once even when I chose more in the drop-down … I still can't seem to find where I was awarded points for images chosen for the monthly gallery … I was wondering if there has been a change so that only points are rewarded when images are chosen for the Hall of Fame Gallery?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am behind on adding Reward Points to your accounts for Monthly Gallery submissions. I will do my best to get to that today.

NitaB

New-Bee
I just joined today, and would like to install my avatar. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thank you.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Hi NitaB! Click on your name (top right of the screen), scan down the list which appears (left hand side) to Avatar. Click on that and load it up! Have fun! :bee:

PS: Curses! Alisa types way faster than me! :whistling: