• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hello from Snarly

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Snarly, as you're here can I ask a question about EZSkin 3? It's the first time I've installed it and I'm installing to Poser pro2014. I was reading the readme and it talks about an example of a referrer script in appendix e but what I see when I look doesn't seem to be a script? How do I set up the script? Sorry I'm such a total noob with Poser!

thanks

Pen(Who really needs to use your script to help set up Diva for Dawn)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Pen, while you wait for Snarly to come back and see your post, I saw some mentions of the referrer script in a thread at RDNA --> EZSkin 3 - Page 4

From what Jan19 posted, it's working for her just fine without the referrer script, and Snarly responded to someone else that as long as you have all the appropriate files in the scriptsMenu folder within Poser, you won't need any write privileges to the folder. I haven't read the PDF as yet, but I suspect the referrer script is if you place it somewhere else other than the scriptsMenu folder, because then it won't show up in the Scripts menu in Poser.

Try the default settings the first time to get a feel for it. That's what I did with EZSkin 2 in Poser 9. Now I have to learn how to adjust things to make my own shaders. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks for the help Miss B. Okay...I'll go back to reading the pdf file then. Still finding it confusing doing stuff in Poser. I learn one thing and realise there's 5 other things I need to know...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I did tell you I'm a stubborn old cuss? Didn't I...? Not giving up but it does make my brain feel like it's melting...

Hi,
The user guide is being written by someone else and is only in an early draft form. It may contain errors.
For now, just follow the simpler instructions in the installation.txt file included in the zip archive.
I hope you have fun with EZSkin 3, and be sure to keep it up to date as it is still being worked on.
As of today, we are at build 74, with build 75 coming very soon.
Cheers,
Snarly

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Welcome Snarly!!

Uh..I thought EZSkin3 was ONLY for Poser 11? I'm not getting 11...just fine with Poser 2014, though I'd like to have the ability to apply SSS to my converted Dusk maps....and I never did figure out how to make EZSkin2 do that for him... Sorry, dyslexic's need pictures or "step 1, 2, 3" etc...

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi Snarly! Welcome back to the Hive!

I just grabbed the EZSkin 3/haven't installed it yet, so maybe I am wrong- I was under the impression that 3 was ONLY for Poser 11. I AM planning to use it in 11 to convert shaders for Superfly- just wondered if that was true or not.

Thx!
Laurie

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That was my impression as well Laurie, which is why I installed EZSkin 2 to Poser 9.

Thanks for stopping in Snarly and reconfirming what I thought.