• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Has anyone tried Project Evolution ONE new Poser figure?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Exactly! I haven't gotten around to learning rigging, but one of these days.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Well, JCMs are hidden from the end user, so for them it really doesn't matter. But for addon products, for rigging, yeah, it would help to know which one of 300 JCMs is causing a bulge in the shoulder of your dress!
View attachment 40678

This is for hardcore rigger . I thought PE has a lot of JCM's ,but over 300? I was planing to buy her and take a look what I can do to support her, but with this problems...I don't think .

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Ahhh, I've been using a few of Biscuits hair products on Evo as well. I'll have to take a look and see which ones I've missed. ;)

Really? Wish I still had a student pic to use as a reference. Even my old passport photo's long gone, and I'm not going to even CONSIDER the one on my driver's license. ~cringe~

I really can not remember anymore. At last I think it was Bisquits hair. lol

Hornet3d

Wise
Maybe read why Ero made the rig the way he did before coming to a conclusion.

Project Evolution ONE now available here

Thank you for the link, I don't follow the forums at Renderosity these days so I would have missed that otherwise. There was a time that I did so I was aware of the early development of PE and, if my memory serves me correctly, the early reason for the development of the figure was a specific needs that Erogenesis had that were not being met by the figures already in existence. Only as interest grew in the project did it evolve into something to be marketed to everyone.

The figure, while clearly having evolved over time, clearly sticks to this original concept and is to be welcomed. It is clearly different to other figures but that was the aim and there are two aspects that are very appealing to users, firstly it works in Poser (without having to jump through hoops) and secondly it is great value for money given everything that is included in the base package. Add on the fact that it provides certain features (now add ons) that some 3D artists feel is missing from other figures and it deserves to succeed. There also seems to be the aim, supported by the development time already spent, to improve the figure over time rather than abandon it after a year or so for the 'New Project Three'. For these reasons alone Erogenesis's efforts should be applauded. Sadly, for many, these differences will not overcome the major problem with any new figure and that is the lack of content. There are some outfits already available but on the whole they are dynamic and I suspect the majority of users do not use dynamic clothing and as I have only started using it in the last few years I can understand why. While I have come to learn that dynamic is generally better than conforming it is not a panacea and some content is not easy to develop for dynamic, sci-fi suits with hard panels or jet packs and the like spring to mind. That is not to say they won't work in the cloth room but you really have to go deep into the room to get them to work.

I really do welcome Project Evolution One to the market and wish it every success but I am afraid that I will be one of those hanging on to my credit card for the moment waiting to see where the project goes. Content is not really an issue for me as I am now well into dynamic but I would like to see some more skin textures before I went forward. Having said that, if I was not retired, and thus on a limited budget I would already have purchased PE1 if only to try and reward someone who has put so much work in on something Poser can use from the box.

That is my personal view, I was going to say I hope it is seen as being fair to both sides but thinking on that, there shouldn't be any sides, some will welcome the figure with open arms others will watch with interest while others will ignore. So basically, this is no different than any other figure, good or bad. If you are Poser user however, it must surely be something to shout about, even if the followers are few anything that keeps Poser alive and helps SM both with interest and sales at CP that has to be a big step in the right direction, even generating a discussion is a plus.

Willowisp

Adventurous
Looks like Akaste hair by 3Dream/Mairy to me. But if it is Biscuits, it's probably Polka hair or possibly Bibi hair

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, I think I have Akaste Hair . . . going to have to check that out. Thanks for the Biscuits hair names as well Willow, as I know I don't have those 2.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Looks like Akaste hair by 3Dream/Mairy to me. But if it is Biscuits, it's probably Polka hair or possibly Bibi hair

Thanks, yes you are right. Akaste hair. I remember now that I change out the hair, at first I had Bisquits hair and then I change it to Akaste because fit more the style from my reference pic.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I checked, and I have it, just not reinstalled on this laptop, so will be doing that soon. ;)

RobZhena

Adventurous
Evo ONE is a great figure! Unless you use dynamic clothing, you really need the pro version of Poser to get the most out of her. Despite all the JCMs, I have had no problems converting clothing in the fitting room. The results are great for personal use but not vendor creation. The beta mannequins, available at CP for an extra five bucks, competently copy morphs, control handles, and JCMs to conforming clothing. You can adjust the JCMs transferred to the converted clothing to address poke through, which I only figured out by trial and error. It is true that there are no great skins yet for photo-realistic close-ups. I offer workable skins with makeup at my freebies site at Rendo (RobZhena's Freestuff on Renderosity) for a variety of ethnicities that are included in her basic morph set.The on-board morphs are the equivalent of buying several head and body morphs sets for Dawn, V4, or the Genesis figures. One of her greatest assets is the face posing controls that allow you to create nearly any expression yourself (there are some pre-sets available at my freebies site). She has unique rigging to make her bend realistically, but I find that Genesis 2 poses work well out of the box. Here are some images I have done. All clothing is conforming.

Attachments

• Champion Alex.jpg
    Champion Alex.jpg
    321.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Alex Retro Heroine G3F.jpg
    Alex Retro Heroine G3F.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 219
  • AfricanSkinRendoPicFixed.jpg
    AfricanSkinRendoPicFixed.jpg
    508.5 KB · Views: 252
  • Bronze Goddess Image Full Size.jpg
    Bronze Goddess Image Full Size.jpg
    392.2 KB · Views: 246
  • Bronze Goddess Superfly.jpg
    Bronze Goddess Superfly.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 276
  • Aino and Yamato Firefly.jpg
    Aino and Yamato Firefly.jpg
    808.1 KB · Views: 234

Ed Burke

Inspired
The figure that I think really "checks all the boxes" for me is the less spoken of, but very well put together "SASHA-16" WM for V4 by Karina. All V4 clothes fit her with one click, and her joints are almost perfect. She also comes with a multitude of new morphs to really get the look you want. All V4 textures and hair also fit her with no adjustments. She is also free.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I have her, but haven't had a chance to play with her much. Karina's an active member on the Smith Micro Poser forum, so we've all be introduced to SASHA-16 at some point. ;)

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
Sasha 16 is great, but does still look like V4. So for a really different look it's just good to have a bit of a choice. With Dawn, Sasha and Evolution there are now 3 different very useable poser ladies in my runtime, I like that^^

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
The figure that I think really "checks all the boxes" for me is the less spoken of, but very well put together "SASHA-16" WM for V4 by Karina. All V4 clothes fit her with one click, and her joints are almost perfect. She also comes with a multitude of new morphs to really get the look you want. All V4 textures and hair also fit her with no adjustments. She is also free.

I have Sasha. I don't use V4 very much but Sasha does make her poses more natural when I do use her.

Nod

Adventurous
Geeze! Glad I didn't get her when she came out in the store as a final release. Amazing since I have quite a few of her/his hair products and like them.
Same here. I have a load of his hair, some of which he's discontinued. I also have Ang2. I was hoping that there would be some backward compatibility when Bella arrived, but there isn't.