• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Has anyone tried Project Evolution ONE new Poser figure?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually Bonnie, that's an update to the original Project Evolution. I just think Erogenesis is planning on getting her into a couple more stores than the original product is, and included updates.

That said, I was on the beta team, so haven't purchased her, and I haven't played with her since getting the new PE One. I can say she's about dozen characters in one. IOW, you would select each of the characters as you would a morph, so that's nice, but as far as creating clothes for her goes, even though he included a couple of files you can use while fitting clothes for her, she has an unusually high amount of JCMs, so it's not an easy project. I created a nice simple dress for her, and I haven't done anything with it, except as a dynamic dress, because I'm what you would call a n00b as far as creating conforming clothes goes, so I haven't wanted to even try. From what I understand, the fitting and weight mapping needs a lot of patience.

Other than that, it depends on what you're looking for. As far as the price goes, compare it to getting a character such as Dawn, and then buying a dozen character sets for her. PE One would probably come out cheaper in the long run, but whether it would be worth it, that depends on how much work you'd be willing to put into creating things for her, and I don't know how many clothing products are already available for her.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Thanks Miss B. At first glance it looks like a marvellous character, but now I am wondering if all those JCMs are too much bother.

Hornet3d

Wise
I followed the story of the development of PE over what seemed a couple of years on other forums and was very interested at the time but that was before I started using Dawn SE. I have seen some stunning renders of PE so I am still interested but Miss B is not the only one that has highlighted a problem with making clothes for her. PE does have her supporters and I know that some have felt she has not been given a fair chance. There is a growing number of clothes for PE on sale at CP but that still leaves the wardrobe limited at this point.

For the moment I am in interested but not enough to spend my very limited hobby budget on her. That could well change if I saw a ramp up of content for her. If you do decide to take the plunge I would be very interested on your experiences in using PE.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
New Poser figure called Project Evolution ONE.

I am wondering if anyone here bought it and if it is worth the cost?
Worth the cost is very personal experience :)
If we talk overall quality and potential - yes. (I've got EE, so not sure about the current price.)
Strong: very fluid and mimic-ready face and head, general natural flexibility, hands. Very good/excellent for stylized portraits, classic artistic nudes/draped figures.
Not so great: no proper individual muscle morphs (additional bones are a great help, but too general for the precise work), no proper hi-rez photorealistic textures. So not really good for ultra-realism. For now. (Biscuit's resource is great and must have, but not really photorealistic.) So general ballerina is good, closeup with the accent on muscle strain and skin details - not so. (not that we have a lot better figures for this...)
Weak: low adoption/low on additional content. Hope it's only for now. With now existed content you generally can do a lot of girl in the summer nature/native in Africa renders (yes, she still have no proper footwear and mostly summer dresses).

So the question is where you want to use PE.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
My initial excitement over this is over. I thought she was a miracle figure that would be all things to everyone, but now I think that without lots of vendor support she won't go very far.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I don't have PE ONE, but I do have the original. With over 50 JCMs in the body parts alone (not counting the face nor the vaginal area) vendor support with conforming clothing is likely to be very slow or non-existent. Sorry, you just can't get an ROI on having to re-work 50+ JCMs on every piece of clothing.

By comparison, DawnSE has 6 JCMs!

Further comparison, Ali's Bella has 300+ JCMs.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Erogenesis probably should have known that tons of JCM's would discourage vendors. I mean who wants to give themselves headaches when there are easier options?

Varnayrah

Eager
Contributing Artist
People had have success with refitting for example V4's clothing in P11 to her. I didn't do that a lot myself and found some limits with complex clothing, but then I'm not very familiar with the fitting room. Detailed tutorials are included, though. I think she's rather nice, the expression-creating takes some getting used to, and there is really a decent number of morphs already included in the base figure. But for me it all depends if really good skin textures will be available in the future. I really really hope so.
These are some example renders using PE the early edition, but I think PE one can't be worse^^ Have her installed bus didn't come around to play with her yet.

This one has a skin texture converted from a V4 character, morphed dialled in by myself using the base morphs and some of Bisquits morphs:
Isis.jpg

This one is Bisquits skin, I believe, with converted clothing from V4 (skirt used as dynamic clothing, though:
Lady.jpg

This one is one of the skins that come with the base package (in my opinion the best of them):
Beachrun.jpg

This is a portrait using biskuits skin again:
Courtisane.jpg

Last edited:

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
PE is a great figure. I played a lot with her and already begin with an outfit . Sure her JCM's are an huge challenge ,but there are ways to manage it.
I am sure I am not the only one who try to find a compromise between her JCM's and some "correcting morphs" for detailed or complex outfits.
I can say , I am almost there to get some nice decent results.
Meanwhile you can download a full hybrid outfit for her over Fantasy Attic. Hybrid pants, conforming top and shoes.
I am planing more freestuff for her and for sure also some outfits for the store.
Summer smart copy.jpg

Rosepants2.jpg

Freebiepromo02.jpg

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Here I have her with some own sculpt . I think she has an very pretty face and is an great addition to any Poser runtime.
Laura copy.jpg

PS, The summer bijoux set will ba also available soon as freebie. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hey, hey, hey, I've seen a couple of those renders over on the SM Poser forum, but not that last one. Looking good. :)

Oh and what hair is that in the last render? I like the look with her youthful look.

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
MissB, as I remember correct, from Bisquits .But not sure which one :) It is a while ago I made this pick .

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, and to make matters worse, they are all named the same - " -". Yes, just a dash.
Geeze! Glad I didn't get her when she came out in the store as a final release. Amazing since I have quite a few of her/his hair products and like them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
MissB, as I remember correct, from Bisquits .But not sure which one :) It is a while ago I made this pick .
Ahhh, I've been using a few of Biscuits hair products on Evo as well. I'll have to take a look and see which ones I've missed. ;)

Yes, this youthful look :) I use as reference my student pic :)
Really? Wish I still had a student pic to use as a reference. Even my old passport photo's long gone, and I'm not going to even CONSIDER the one on my driver's license. ~cringe~

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Geeze! Glad I didn't get her when she came out in the store as a final release. Amazing since I have quite a few of her/his hair products and like them.

Well, JCMs are hidden from the end user, so for them it really doesn't matter. But for addon products, for rigging, yeah, it would help to know which one of 300 JCMs is causing a bulge in the shoulder of your dress!
TearingMyHairOut.jpg