• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Greetings and Salutations....

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
You are way better at figuring out how to do stuff, Pen, and very good at showing others how to follow in your footsteps...me, I leave the floor littered with hair and say bad words ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Probably comes from being a teacher in real life...but I do the bad words and hair also.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
One noob leading another huh Lorraine? I'm getting better at it I actually know how to change it to a unimesh figure now. Give me time and I'll be able to dynamic clothing...which is something I wish DS had( of the sort that can be done with any object)

Simple dynamics is fairly easy to figure out Pendraia, many dynamic clothing items come with short tutorials which makes it that much easier. But the short short of it is this:

1. Load figure
2. Load dynamic item.
3. Advance timeline to 15 or 30 or somewhere in there (30 is about 1 minute) Pose figure, this includes applying any character, size morphs (better to size up at this point than down).
4. Go into Cloth room, load new clothing item, set your frames (at least 5 beyond your pose for settling), clothify dynamic item. Set collide against.
5. Run simulation.
6. Wait... length of time varies based on machine, poser version, settings, and how much the dynamic item has to collide against it's target.
7. Done, may need ran again if you don't like how it looks, (each sim will look different though not always strikingly so) use the morph brushes (if available in your poser) to smooth, deal with poke thru, adjust to make you happy.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Sunfire for the tutorial I have one Dawn sent me...I just haven't had time to give it a go yet with trying to get Diva finished and doing stuff that needs doing around the house. Yesterday I was hopping between the computer and do some minor tiling with my husband.
I've copied your tutorial to onenote so that I don't forget where it is...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Once you try it Pen, you'll like it. Up until a couple of months ago I had never wanted to get involved with Dynamic clothing, and then I beta tested something, and found it wasn't that hard at all. The results were amazing, and I then went and bought a couple/three of Dawn's products because I'm no longer afraid to play with Dynamics in Poser. Haven't a clue how to do it in DS.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I always wanted Dynamics in DS and did play with the dynamics from optitex but it annoyed me that I couldn't make my own. I will give it a try I just need some time to play.:flower00:

robert952

Brilliant
OH oh .... and here I am a dedicated Poser and Photoshop user!! heheheeee! But honestly, We all get along well together here in our "Hive"... maybe that's because it's full of Honey?!?! :laugh:
I don't have anything against users of PS (or any software),. My dealings with Adobe via work have never been good both from business aspects and technical aspects. I just find their business to business attitude to be less than customer centric. It's like - 'we have a contract with your company - get used to it.'

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That's their attitude with everyone isn't it? I don't like their move to subscription only. I had been saving up to get a more recent edition but when they did that I changed my mind.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm with you on that Pen. I'm not really interested in subscription software either.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Add me in. I was able to get an educational version of CS5 before my husband was laid off from his work at a University, and I'm sure that's the last one I'll get. I don't like renting...whether it's a home or software...and DEFINITELY not software. I know it's a great option for some (my brother has a subscription and loves it), but not for me.

I had a lot of good experiences with Adobe back in the 90s or so...a bit different these days, but then I'm using outdated software they no longer support...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to the club Alisa. I'm usually working with out-dated software. PSP 7 (though I don't use that all that much any more), PS CS2, DS 3 Advanced most of the time (though I do have DS 4.0 Pro), and Poser 9. I think, until recently, the only one I was up-to-date on is Bryce 7.1 Pro, and that's only because DAZ hasn't seen fit to update it in quite a while. I consider myself really lucky to be able to get PoserPro 11, when I was actually aiming for Poser 10. Not sure I'll ever be able to swing something like that again. ;)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I have PSP8 (not installed) - my last version, too - was not interested after Corel took over.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, I have PSP8 and PSP9, but they're both archived on some CD/DVD somewhere in my house, but I only got those for the newer Photoshop type updates those versions afforded me. Back then I was using Photoshop 5 and then 7 for a looooong time, until I was able to get my hands on CS2.

I mostly use PSP7 for quick, down and dirty screenshots, because it loads fast and easy, but for my renders and such, I only use Photoshop.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Also, once you select the objects your clothing collides against (everything it touches), reduce the collision offset from the default (1, I think) to between 0.25 and 0.5 for everything you have selected as a collision object. I also change collision depth to 0.25-0.3. The lower the number, the closer the clothing will be to the objects it is colliding against.

The default is entirely too far from the figure and will not look natural. In particular, a dress or top should look like it's laying on the skin at the shoulders, not floating an inch or so above the shoulders and pants should be snug against the waist.

As with everything, you may need to jiggle the numbers until you get results you like.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ohhhh I have an OLD Photoshop and I would NEVER move 'up'... maybe it does not have all those bells and whistles, but subscriptions are horrible!
I was cautious ...and then happy that Poser Pro 2014 is a normal 'over the counter' pay one price software! LOL! I'M THRILLED IT WORKS SO FAST! PP 2014 is the FIRST Poser version to be a TRUE 64 bit, so it really flies on my graphics machine! I can sit here and try out, test, dynamics several times in just minutes!
(thank goodness, because when you get old, time goes way too fast, and I need "time saving" things! LOL!)

Miss B

CV-BEE
(thank goodness, because when you get old, time goes way too fast, and I need "time saving" things! LOL!)
Oh, don't I know the name of THAT game. Unfortunately, all too well.