• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Greetings and Salutations....

robert952

Brilliant
I just entered the Hive.

Miss B suggested I check out HW3D.

So, here I are!

Looking forward to participating in this forum and shopping in the store!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Robert, and welcome!!

*Puts out plates of cookies and various non-alcoholic drinks and fluffs up the cushions*

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OMG!! Now we're in trouble!! :eek:

Seriously Robert, good to see you here. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the hive Robert...grabs a cookie from Alisa before they all disappear. Yum...chocolate chip my favourite! Thanks Alisa...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
...grabs a cookie from Alisa before they all disappear. Yum...chocolate chip my favourite! Thanks Alisa...

You're welcome :) And of course, it's always easily replentished ;)

*adds oatmeal raisin, peanut butter, macadamia nut, and pumpkin spice cookies to the chocolate chip ones*

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Welcome Robert! Tell us a little about yourself... what's your favorite "posing program", what kind of art do you like to do? :)

robert952

Brilliant
Welcome Robert! Tell us a little about yourself... what's your favorite "posing program", what kind of art do you like to do? :)
hmmm.... well, my sn gives a hint at my age. (No, I am not 952 years old -just feel like that some days) Looking towards retirement. Found out my employer will not be moving facilities for 5 years. That's about right for me to reach retirement decision point. Actually does look like I will be spending less time on the road and more time at home, therefore more time for artwork.

Fav 3D program: DAZ Studio (since about Ver 2). I have 'played' around with Cararra, Blender and Hexagon.. and a few others. Been in 3D CGI about 12 years (you'd think I'd gotten good by now). Fav 2D Paint Shop Pro (started with their V1.0 back when it was owned by JASC. Corel bought it out and it's now up to V 18. (No, I do not use Photoshop - and don't get me started on Adobe products - let's just say I love hating them... and I think the feeling is mutual.) Done photog (in camera and in dark room as well as air brush retouching) for 43 years. (Any one need a 4X5 view camera with 3 lenses or 2 1/4 " format twin lens reflex camera with 2 lenses)? Make me an offer. Have color dark room gear also.)

Well, enough rambling. I've 'known' Miss B for several years (all from cyber space connections at other sites). She could probably speak volumes on my verbosity. (Which is why I am only 6 speeches and a management project away from becoming a Distinguished Toastmaster - visit www.toastmasters.org for more on that subject.)

Thanks to all for the warm welcomes.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've 'known' Miss B for several years (all from cyber space connections at other sites). She could probably speak volumes on my verbosity.
Oh, please don't get me started!! Seriously though, glad to see you here at the Hive, so don't make yourself a stranger. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting Robert...I'm at about that point in life so I can relate to that. Nice to have another DS user on board...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
OH oh .... and here I am a dedicated Poser and Photoshop user!! heheheeee! But honestly, We all get along well together here in our "Hive"... maybe that's because it's full of Honey?!?! :laugh:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Most likely Lyne it is the honey...didn't mean to exclude anyone by my comment. I was more thinking that it's great to have other DS users using Hivewire characters. I'm learning Poser(total noob I know) and I use Photoshop too!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Another DS user here, Robert, can open Poser, load a figure and morph it, and save that morph for use in DS but that's it...and only because Pen held my hand the whole way through the process. That's what kind of a place we have here and why we missed it soooooo much. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
One noob leading another huh Lorraine? I'm getting better at it I actually know how to change it to a unimesh figure now. Give me time and I'll be able to dynamic clothing...which is something I wish DS had( of the sort that can be done with any object)