• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Giraffe? From Harry?

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Guess the saying (anyone old enough to remember this?) *sings* "A horse is a horse, of course, of course" isn't QUITE accurate. Chris is really good at proving that (at least in a 3d model) a horse can be all SORTS of other animals too ;).
Pretty sure you're not older than me!! Well, thanks for that. I'll have that song in my head all day now!:p

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Chris, this looks fantastic, and so realistic. I was going to say the same thing as Lyne did previously. What about easy pose for the neck. If he had enough joints, would it work? Then Sparky mention JCM's. Interesting seeing this come together and how you'll solve that issue. I love how you share your progress. Leaves us all on the edge of our seats. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I was going to ask if there was enough bones in the neck for the giraffe but having seen Sparky's image it looks like it could still be feasible to use the giraffe as a morph.

Love what you're doing Chris!

Guess the saying (anyone old enough to remember this?) *sings* "A horse is a horse, of course, of course" isn't QUITE accurate. Chris is really good at proving that (at least in a 3d model) a horse can be all SORTS of other animals too ;).

"A horse is a horse, of course ,of course,unless it's a horse ,that Chris has morphed the incredible modeling man........" okay not great but you get the idea ....

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow, all from Harry. I just have to sit and chuckle sometimes.

MooseWork54a.JPG

MooseWork54b.JPG

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Not being at all critical or nit-picking but a lot of the pics of giraffes I see show the hind quarters sloping down from the shoulders. They have a distinct slope in their back ? Will this giraffe have a morph for that ? Some ?younger? giraffes have more level back..but others have distinct slope ?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Not being at all critical or nit-picking but a lot of the pics of giraffes I see show the hind quarters sloping down from the shoulders. They have a distinct slope in their back ? Will this giraffe have a morph for that ? Some ?younger? giraffes have more level back..but others have distinct slope ?

Whatever we need to make it right. Or at least have options.