• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Giraffe? From Harry?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Someone asked about a fish earlier, love to see Chris make a fish from Dawn, or the horse or the cat LOL :p

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Looking great :) Is he going to have an extra long, prehensile tonque ?
Depends I guess. If we keep it a Horse morph, it will have the same structure, but I suspect our base tongue would still suffice.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
It's a big Giraffe. Probably around 18 feet. Right now this base is a female. But the size is a male.

Should I drop him down a foot or so, or leave as is?

Are ya gonna give him ball bearings? If it's a female wouldn't it be a bit shorter then a male ?So it's one half up and one half down, give it a morph to make it shorter for the female and BB for it as a male I just Googled Males are 16-20 foot tall females are 15.

Desertsilver

Engaged
I used to spend a lot of time with the giraffs at the San Diego zoo. They are so elegant and move with almost a regal grace. As to your question, Chris, about the size- my only worry would be trying to fit a close up of a figure in the same shot with a giraff that tall. Is it possible to provide a morph to shrink him down a bit?

And that face is just gorgeous!

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well, a baby would be shorter. People might have to be on a rock or a platform, or bend the giraffe's neck down lower, or have the giraffe lie down next to the person.