• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Funny Highway signs...

Stezza

Dances with Bees

eclark1894

Visionary
Just for the record. I'm pretty sure most if not all of the ones I've posted were simple joke billboards. Especially the last ones. They came from a site called Dribbleglass.com
:sneaky:

Last edited:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I don't know, but I took the Air Canada billboard to reflect on how many young men fled to Canada instead of enlisting in the war, and since I remember it, it must've been the Korean war, or a later conflict, because I was born in the middle of WWII, so wouldn't remember that.
Vietnam. It was on the news every night. I was in my senior year of high school and the guys were required to register with the draft and take part in the lottery. All we saw on the news was stuff about draft dodgers. A lot of guys from my class had their numbers drawn, and guy friends I had that were a year or 2 older got called up too. Don't recall if any of the guys who fled to Canada ever came back to our town.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Vietnam. It was on the news every night. I was in my senior year of high school and the guys were required to register with the draft and take part in the lottery. All we saw on the news was stuff about draft dodgers. A lot of guys from my class had their numbers drawn, and guy friends I had that were a year or 2 older got called up too. Don't recall if any of the guys who fled to Canada ever came back to our town.
Yes, I hadn't remembered it specifically being Vietnam, and I was only 8 or 9 during the Korean war, and I only recalled that because my brother had enlisted, and went overseas for about 3 years. The Vietnam conflict lasted 20 years, 1955-1975. I started Junior High (or what they now called Secondary School) at the beginning, and was out of college and working for 11 years by the time it ended.

I don't know anyone personally who fled to Canada, but New York always had an extremely large population, so I'm sure there were some from our neck of the woods on the run as well.