• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Funny Highway signs...

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Great signs! I especially like the Montana, Idaho and Air Canada ones.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, I know what I think it means. But it could be any number of things from the increasing tensions between the US and every other country in the world since the change in administration ... including those countries that have long been allies with the US. Not that any country would be safe should war break out between the US and any other country with nuclear weapons.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, I know what I think it means. But it could be any number of things from the increasing tensions between the US and every other country in the world since the change in administration ... including those countries that have long been allies with the US. Not that any country would be safe should war break out between the US and any other country with nuclear weapons.
Every other country in the world should stop listening to propaganda.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know, but I took the Air Canada billboard to reflect on how many young men fled to Canada instead of enlisting in the war, and since I remember it, it must've been the Korean war, or a later conflict, because I was born in the middle of WWII, so wouldn't remember that.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't know, but I took the Air Canada billboard to reflect on how many young men fled to Canada instead of enlisting in the war, and since I remember it, it must've been the Korean war, or a later conflict, because I was born in the middle of WWII, so wouldn't remember that.
Actually, Miss B, that's where my head was at.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I took it that way also Miss B. That and Canada isn't in nearly as many conflicts as the US. I don't believe it has anything to do with the change in administration.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Depending on the source, somewhere between 30,000 to 100,000 young men fled to Canada between 1965 and 1975 because of the Vietnam "War" draft. Others fled to Sweden, Mexico, and Britain. Acceptable reasons for deferment were ruptured spleen, homosexuality, poor eyesight, flat feet, asthma, caregiver for invalid relative, college enrollment, war industry worker, spinal injuries, epilepsy, flower and bug allergies, multiple drug addictions, and lack of physical fitness. Divinity students were also exempt, which apparently resulted in a surprising increase in vocations to the ministry and the rabbinate.

Bone spurs isn't specifically on the list, but it was also apparently an acceptable reason for avoiding the draft. Donald Trump had a total of five deferments. He avoided the draft with four college deferments, and his fifth was because of bone spurs.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Depending on the source, somewhere between 30,000 to 100,000 young men fled to Canada between 1965 and 1975 because of the Vietnam "War" draft.
Yes, now that you mention it, I was probably remembering the Vietnam War, because now that I think of it, my brother enlisted for the Korean War, and that was when I was about 8 or 9 years old, so not sure I was really "watching/reading" the news stories back then, and he was 12 1/2 years older than me, so probably around 20.

eclark1894

Visionary
Depending on the source, somewhere between 30,000 to 100,000 young men fled to Canada between 1965 and 1975 because of the Vietnam "War" draft. Others fled to Sweden, Mexico, and Britain. Acceptable reasons for deferment were ruptured spleen, homosexuality, poor eyesight, flat feet, asthma, caregiver for invalid relative, college enrollment, war industry worker, spinal injuries, epilepsy, flower and bug allergies, multiple drug addictions, and lack of physical fitness. Divinity students were also exempt, which apparently resulted in a surprising increase in vocations to the ministry and the rabbinate.

Bone spurs isn't specifically on the list, but it was also apparently an acceptable reason for avoiding the draft. Donald Trump had a total of five deferments. He avoided the draft with four college deferments, and his fifth was because of bone spurs.
And Bill Clinton lied about joining the ROTC. Not really sure what the point is. It was just a funny billboard joke.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Oh, I'd forgotten about this thread.