• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fun Fair (WIP)

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Hello,

I was originally going to build an (Horse)Carousel, but my ability to build an horse that I am happy with is still a while away. So I decided to build other rides for a fun fair. How big(how many rides) it will eventually be, well, not sure.
I am starting with a "Waltzer", have built a "car", I have now started the main structure.

Have attached quick render(DS) of the car (temp materials).

Car_tmp.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I like it. Is this only going to be available for DS, or will you be able to set it up for Poser users as well?

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
Looking good :) Just a quick tip...you've probably already planned it..but todays OHS rules would require rails around the ride base and stairs..

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Looks great!
I'm thinking that if I get a little better with modeling I might try a spook house like Chain of Rocks had.
Or someone who is really good at modeling could make us one...hint, hint. :D

For those who do not know what Chain of Rocks was...it was a big amusement park in St. Louis, MO years ago.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Ohhh, I like it. Is this only going to be available for DS, or will you be able to set it up for Poser users as well?
There may be a misunderstanding. I do not create models to sell, or for a specific application, I just build models, and if someone likes/wants it they can have a copy. It will probably be in "Callada(.dae) format which would import into DS/Poser. I could look at making it available for DS/Poser runtime, but it may turn my brain to mush, as I do not fully understand how to do that.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Looks great!
I'm thinking that if I get a little better with modeling I might try a spook house like Chain of Rocks had.
Or someone who is really good at modeling could make us one...hint, hint. :D

Are you hinting at me building the model, or do you want me to help you find a good modeler?

If you want me to build it, I can give it a try, but would need some pictures for reference. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Been too long since I saw the spook houses, way back when I was a preteen...lol.
Have no idea how it would be done, one was a walk through and the other had cars and rails where you rode through.
I may try one day but if anyone can do any kind of spook house it would be fun.

That ride looks great, like a tilt-a-whirl.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Have no idea how it would be done, one was a walk through and the other had cars and rails where you rode through.
I have been in a "Ghost house", it was a ride, passing through various sections with various ghost/gouls etc. I could make the ride, would you be able to populate it yourself?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sure. :)
Not sure how the walking one could be done as in one hallway the floor sank as you walked on it and one area with a see-through floor and a body in it.
They were fun places.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Sure. :)
Not sure how the walking one could be done as in one hallway the floor sank as you walked on it and one area with a see-through floor and a body in it.
They were fun places.
That spook house sounds more fun than the one I went through.
A sinking floor (and a see-through floor) I can make. The sinking floor would be set in hierarchy, so you could select it and translate it(up/down) in DS/Poser parameters.

Would you prefer the walk through version?

seachnasaigh

Energetic

There may be a misunderstanding. I do not create models to sell, or for a specific application, I just build models, and if someone likes/wants it they can have a copy. It will probably be in "Callada(.dae) format which would import into DS/Poser. I could look at making it available for DS/Poser runtime, but it may turn my brain to mush, as I do not fully understand how to do that.

If the light bulbs are actual mesh, raised above the structure's surface,I could make the lights work (actually cast light) in Firefly and Superfly, maybe even do animated "chaser" lights. Don't know about rigging the cars to move - I could try. Wouldn't promise success.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
If the light bulbs are actual mesh, raised above the structure's surface,I could make the lights work (actually cast light) in Firefly and Superfly, maybe even do animated "chaser" lights. Don't know about rigging the cars to move - I could try. Wouldn't promise success.

The lights are mesh with seperate shader, so yes, you can add emitter material in DS/Poser. The "Cars" each have thier own pivot(bone), so can be rotated around thier own center. The safety(handle) bar is parented to the car with its own pivot so it can be rotated (to open/close).

Once it is done, I will post a link to download, it can then be checked out for any problems.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
why not just build the merry go round with the stationary chariots and allow others to use horses of choice on t just provide the bars to mount them on. I have P4 merry go round horse and i have MilHorse merry go round horse and I am sure Harry will have something that can be used or will have soon enough. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have a fantasy carousel in submission now, but a standard merry go round would be great too. :)