• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Fun Fair (WIP)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Carousel soon ready for QAV again but need to get some stairs with rails.
gonna need two or three steps for it.
Depending on how my hands hold up and if my skills will permit, I'll try them soon.

@Steve M...That ride looks great.
Will the pieces be removable to allow other things there too?
It is a more realistic type while mine is fantasy.

Steve.M

Enthusiast
why not just build the merry go round with the stationary chariots and allow others to use horses of choice on t just provide the bars to mount them on. I have P4 merry go round horse and i have MilHorse merry go round horse and I am sure Harry will have something that can be used or will have soon enough. :)

I was originally just posting to show what I was doing (showing my activities), so I had no thoughts of creating the model for others to edit/change.
I can create a merry_go_round for you to use with your own horses, but I would need an horse so I can make the ride the correct size. Is the "P4 merry go round horse" available somewhere? (I presume that horse is for poser?)

Steve.M

Enthusiast
Will the pieces be removable to allow other things there too?

Yes.

I am having some issues importing into Poser 11. Using either .dae or .fbx (to keep object/mesh pivot orientations), there are problems (ie, hierarchy exploding, incorrect node names used (for mesh/materials), materials not imported, polygon groups not imported). I do not know enough about poser to correct those issues in the programme. So it will take me a while to get the model in correctly.

Once I have it in poser, would saving the model as a scne file (.pz3) be Ok? then others can setup materials etc?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just exported mine from DS as a cr2 and tweaked it in poser for the textures.
It had the full movement it needed.
At first I put it together in Poser and created mt character model but getting some of the parts corrected was a pain.
After I imported it to DS and tweaked it there (easier) I exported back to Poser as a cr2 and everything was fixed.
So, having learned this, I will from now on put everything together in DS and export to Poser. :)

Steve.M

Enthusiast
I have been side_tracked, looking at Poser. Will try and get back to this project soon. (I find Poser 11 very strange in its implimentations)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I think Harry rocking pony would make a great carousel horse without the rocker rig. The only problem is the quantity of horses to fulfill the carousel needs and harry's dense and mane and tail would kill machines. I did get a carousel horse where the mane and tails were added as solid props somewhat poseable but no transmapping or strand work reducing the power needed to render multiple horses. Might work.
old also be nice being able to reduce resolution (or mesh density...forgot what that's called) of Harry or MilHorse 1 to fit more than one horse in set-up.