• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Frightful Fantasies Render Challenge! - CLOSED

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Join our "Frightful Fantasies" Render Challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------------
OK folks, our judges, Pendraia and Lorraine, have spoken!!!

And the winners are (drum roll please):

First Place - The Gathering by KageRyu
Second Place - All Hallows Even by Desertsilver
Third Place - HallowWitch by Varnayrah
Honorable Mention - Easy Boys by Jonrea

Congratulations to the winners!! :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------

To celebrate the Halloween season the end of October, show us how you would portray a Halloween scene with your Frightful Fantasies!

Renders must include the following:

At least one HiveWire family member, such as Dawn, Dusk, Luna, or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use.
Please see the HiveWire Halloween Sale for inspiration for your render ideas.​

Submitted Images must meet forum guidelines

1600 x 1600 pixel maximum image dimensions
1MB max file size for images
10MB max file size for video​

A maximum of 3 entries can be entered.
You must abide by the HiveWire 3D Terms Of Service.

This thread is for chatting about the challenge, and for posting your WIP renders. You can post your images here, before you finalize your render to show us how you are doing, or to ask for guidance if you get stumped on how to accomplish something.

When you have decided your image is final post here with the words FINAL RENDER, and the Title of your render, at the beginning of the post. We will collect all final renders, assign them a number with your Title, and transfer them to the actual Contest Thread for blind judging.

No artist information will be shown in the actual contest thread, so please refrain from adding any copyright information that you may usually add to your renders.

Categories and Prizes:

1st Place
2nd place
3rd place
Honorable Mention

This render challenge will close at midnight, Friday, November 3rd, 2017 (MST).

Please post your final renders here in this thread.
Be sure to start your post with FINAL RENDER, as well as the Title of your render.

Judges: Lorraine and Pendraia

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
ooooh... a render challenge

hmmm. clarification please

or any other HiveWire figure you wish to use

does this mean any figure sold in the Hivewire store by any artist?

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm assuming that includes Harry the Horse, the Big Cat, Big Cat Cub, House Cat and/or Kitten, and those sort of HiveWire family figures.

Hmmmm, knowing your renders Stezza, I'm looking forward to seeing your render(s). ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
not having anything Dawn or Dusk related makes it a challenge... good job I use Carrara so I can hack away to try and make something lol

:devil"

Miss B

CV-BEE
They should Desertsilver, as you need Harry the HiveWire Horse to use them. ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
As I don't have any gear for Dusk I had a go at making some duds from the Dusk Resource Kit..

So I chopped away in Carrara and textured the gear with some daggy burlap and trans maps in PSE..

Here is what I have come up with so far.. for one of my characters

upload_2017-10-10_20-3-28.png

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Next job is to manually transfer some textures for Dusk from one of my Genesis characters as I don't have any Dusk ones :eek:

Aelin

Eager
Textures, do you mean skins? On PoserDazFreebies site, you can find links for some of them. Often links bring you until Sharecg and Renderosity.
But maybe you know already the site?

I'll see if I can do something for the contest :)

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
@ Stezza There are so many cool elements here!
I especially love your ghost. And I have to ask, is that a cigarette butt in her ice cream cone?