• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP FreyrStrongart Creations

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Too much stuff in my runtime which waits just to see the light of day...

So today I unearthed my very first project for a dress and decided to give it new life by trying how it would work with d-force. Originally it was a conforming dress for GF8. I'll try and turn it into a piece for Dawn... or even Dawn and Gf8.
Test.jpg

This dress now has fixed buttons... before they were part of the mesh and distorted something awfully.

That's what it will look once I am done with fitting the boots on Dawn.

bffs.jpg

you can see how the buttons are way better in the new version.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I'm loving it. I especially like the neckline of the blouse. :)

I don't suppose you work in both DS and Poser, huh?

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
This is strictly dForce. I don't like poser. But since these dresses are d-force compatible, they might work in the poser cloth room too. I have not the first idea about the clothroom so somebody who knows would have to see how it works.

Miss B

CV-BEE
True, but unless the OBJ is included, then only those who work in the latest versions of both software would be able to use it. Unfortunately, for me anyway, I stopped updating at DS 4.0, so have no access to DUF files.

That said, I'm sure the those using the latest versions of DS will enjoy this set, as it looks great.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
hm.. I might just make a file with the obj files for poser users. Since most of the work would be theirs to do it would be a bit cheaper. Although I have no idea how to handle the buttons in poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
hm.. I might just make a file with the obj files for poser users. Since most of the work would be theirs to do it would be a bit cheaper. Although I have no idea how to handle the buttons in poser.
Good point, as I've never tried modelling buttons, so have no idea how they'd work in Poser either. Trial and error I'm sure. ;)

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Put the buttons in the choreographed group and they will follow the underlying mesh without deformation. I did a tutorial on this on pfdlives years ago. If the forum still has the images in the thread I'll repost here.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, thank you PDG. I haven't been on their forum in quite a while, but I remember you always had some really good advice on how to get specific things done. :)

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
The images and most of my forum postings are gone sadly. I don't know the policy on tutorial threads here. If anyone cares I could start a separate thread on how to stop button deformation in Poser's clothroom. Simply put. The button meshes have to separate from the fabric for the best result but you can regroup them with the Grouping tool if they are not.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The images and most of my forum postings are gone sadly. I don't know the policy on tutorial threads here. If anyone cares I could start a separate thread on how to stop button deformation in Poser's clothroom. Simply put. The button meshes have to separate from the fabric for the best result but you can regroup them with the Grouping tool if they are not.
There is a forum for 3D Software, pick the one that works best for what you are doing (Probably Poser) And start your own thread. I look forward to the tutorials! And a welcome (back) from me, too.