• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Free models for commercial 3D printing

quietrob

Extraordinary
A free computer is a good computer. Especially from one who loves you so much. I'm a Daddy myself so I know! I know it will work out.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It looks like I have to choose between windows 10 or Daz studio. Windows 10 does not have the right video driver to use Daz studio. I think windows 7 might have it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I use W10 and Daz no problems.

Edit to add: Maybe try and update your drivers for everything (card, motherboard etc)

Last edited:

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Video card problem?
Turns out the computer originally at vista. At least it was not xp, but it was vista. I have a valid licence for windows 7 which has been upgraded to 10 when upgrades were free. I can use 7 or 10. Probably could put vista back on the computer but no one can pay me enough to go through that hassle.
My issue is that the Microsoft version of the driver has no openGl or something like that. Hexagon complains but works. Poser works fine. It is just Daz studio. I would convert to windows 7 tonight but it looks like for unforeseen circumstances I am unable to use home internet but can use my hotspot data from my phone. I do not know where my 64 bit windows 7 install USB is as I have a bad habit of not labeling my USB sticks. I would have to redownload windows 7 pro 64 bit. Also I did download a game yesterday and got to level 13 to see how high of a level I could go in one day.

Terre

Renowned
That is a problem. At least Hex and Poser work. Hopefully you can get it set up so that D/S works soon as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
I've read that Vista was rubbish. Windows 7 might be the best option as apparently everything works with it.

Vista was not the best but I think you may have a problem with using your Windows 7 license. My understanding it that you have a limited period after upgrading to Window 10 in order to revert to Windows 7. If you do not recert in that time frame the Windows 7 license is revoked and therefore cannot be used. I may be wrong, and if I am I hope someone will correct me.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
The only reason I want Windows 10 is to watch my movies and TV shows I got with the Microsoft movies and tv thing. It appears that I need an Xbox or a windows 8 or 10 machine to access my Microsoft Movies and TV. What is the cheapest XBox that can play the microsoft movies and TV?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Oh I forgot to ask where can I find a clean copy of the Windows 7 64 bit ISO. I know this is a touchy question as it might appear that I am looking for pirated software. I lost my Windows 7 DVD long time ago and I am not having any luck finding my windows 7 64 bit ISO file on my online backup. I do not know if the windows 7 USB is 64 bit or 32 bit. I have no clue how to tell without installing and finding out it is 32 bit and having to find the right USB again or something like that. I got a legal key. I am rambling probably because I am anxious and the only reason I think I am anxious is about Christmas or something else. I have no reason to be anxious which makes me more anxious. arrrgghhh!

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Oh I forgot to ask where can I find a clean copy of the Windows 7 64 bit ISO. I know this is a touchy question as it might appear that I am looking for pirated software. I lost my Windows 7 DVD long time ago and I am not having any luck finding my windows 7 64 bit ISO file on my online backup. I do not know if the windows 7 USB is 64 bit or 32 bit. I have no clue how to tell without installing and finding out it is 32 bit and having to find the right USB again or something like that. I got a legal key. I am rambling probably because I am anxious and the only reason I think I am anxious is about Christmas or something else. I have no reason to be anxious which makes me more anxious. arrrgghhh!
I do not see how to edit this or what not. I think I found my windows 7 pro 64 ISO in my one drive backup. Right now trying to back up stuff. Oh I need to deactivate stuff too.

Hornet3d

Wise
Windows 7 home was installed but I have a Windows7 pro key. got to use bathroom then to bed and work on it tomorrow

If you ask around your PC fixing friends you should find someone that has a copy for you. As far as I know it is not illegal as you not only need a valid key but the OS has to be activated once installed. Certainly where I worked a few years ago all the home repair techs had a copy as often Windows had to be re-installed after a virus or major corruption. Failing that one of your friends still using Windows 7 might have a disc that you can use to install and then use your own license key.