• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Free models for commercial 3D printing

McGyver

Energetic
I don't think many free models allow for commercial printing.
Perhaps MakeHuman figures, but I never checked... It's pretty generous in what it allows you to do.
Most free printable models that I've seen only allow for single personal copies.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think you'll find any Daz or Poser ones, I'd go on sites that sell for Sketchup etc

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There's a guy in the Blender class I'm taking at Udemy that modeled an adorable cartoonish horse/pony, and then he 3D printed it to give it to his daughter so she could "decorate/paint" it.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Why not make your own models Alphina? I know you have ZBrush sitting on your computer, so you have all you need to make any 3D model and make it print ready.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Why not make your own models Alphina? I know you have ZBrush sitting on your computer, so you have all you need to make any 3D model and make it print ready.
True once I get my computer after UPS finds it. I hope they didn't damage it when they lost it.

I miss having a computer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh you'd be surprised Bonnie. Many years ago, when I first moved into this apartment, I ordered a couch from a large, well known department store, and after 7 weeks of waiting, they called to tell me it was lost, and it would take ANOTHER 8 weeks after they re-processed my order.

I told them to keep the couch, and I went to a local store near here, got the almost exact same couch, and it was delivered within 10 days of my ordering it. So size has nothing to do with losing a shipment. In my case I think they just filled someone else's order, and just told me they lost it as an explanation for more waiting.

Terre

Renowned
How could they lose a whole computer? It's not like computers are envelope sized.
UPS looses boxes every year. Back when the store I work for was a drop off site for UPS we had a number of times that we had to deal with a customer upset over a lost package/packages and handle the claim paperwork. Not fun.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I'd wait till it was in your hands. Two years ago, a friend was sent a new computer. The CD drive was missing and the copy of Windows 10 as well.

They never found either. Still, you're using UPS. They have an excellent track record. My friend used the USPS.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
....Back when the store I work for was a drop off site for UPS we had a number of times that we had to deal with a customer upset over a lost package/packages and handle the claim paperwork. Not fun.

Yes I can understand they would be upset. I wonder if Alphina's computer landed at her home yet?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It arrived later than expected.
Glad to hear it arrived.
Me too I need to update the OS to the right 64 bit version then I can start getting stuff ready on it.
Problems with it is that the battery is shot. It will not fit in my locker at work so I left it at home. Hopefully I can work on it some tonight.