• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

For those who may wonder

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Actually it is called Autumn here most times.
But due to the leaves falling we still say"Fall". :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
We only get leaves falling where people have planted European plants the eucalypts don't do it. lol...

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We have a big Sweetgum tree that drops spiky seed pods all over the place, then in autumn it drops it's leaves.
My daughter wants to hire someone to cut it down when we can get the money.

DanaTA

Distinguished
We have a big Sweetgum tree that drops spiky seed pods all over the place, then in autumn it drops it's leaves.
My daughter wants to hire someone to cut it down when we can get the money.

Trees are important! They help keep the area cooler. They replenish oxygen. They help hold the land together and protect it from erosion. And they provide shelter to birds and animals. Is it an invasive species in your area, or a natural resident?

Dana

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Not sure but they are considered a pest due to the gumball pods being so spiky.
The pods hurt if you step on them and thy mess up mowers if you aren't careful.
We want to put a Red Maple or such in it's place.
In the back yard we will put some dwarf fruit trees.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Well, I hope you're happy with whatever you plant there. The fruit trees will probably have some nice blossoms in the Spring.

Dana

McGyver

Energetic
Whatever you plant make sure it’s not Triffids... Sure they are cute at first with their fuzzy root legs and razor sharp stingers, but it’s just a matter of time until they try and eat you... on the plus side, salt water dissolves them, so no need for expensive Roundup or Weed-B-Gon.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
We keep salt water handy for other critters as well, those pesky demon slugs, for one.
They're a hungry bunch but shrivel when you spray them with salt water...lol.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
For some reason, I added taffy between salt water and handy. (Probably because I have a dwindling supply of banana flavored salt water taffy I've been working through for several weeks.)

Seemed weird to me that someone would keep salt water taffy handy for other critters ... especially slugs. One wouldn't think slugs enjoyed salt water taffy.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
For some reason, I added taffy between salt water and handy. (Probably because I have a dwindling supply of banana flavored salt water taffy I've been working through for several weeks.)

Seemed weird to me that someone would keep salt water taffy handy for other critters ... especially slugs. One wouldn't think slugs enjoyed salt water taffy.
No, but I still remember the salt water taffy my mother made.
Seems every time she made a batch her aunt Bessie would show up and they would have a "taffy pull". :)