• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FL HWH Textures II getting there

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Rae, I really like what you did with the textures for the manes, they are so much better.
I did turn the bump maps down a notch for mine because the manes looked like ropes.
Want to finish but it is slow going.
It's mostly the Poser set that is giving me fits and that is odd considering I am mostly a Poser user. :rolleyes:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm especially interested in your leopard Appaloosa, the paint/Pinto looks like it needs a little more work with its spots on its rear end but it's coming along very nicely. (I wonder if you could brush some of the white spots around the edges into the Brown to make it look more like hair?)
Lyne, took your advice and fixed the spots so they look better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a question on this set about the fetlock feathers.
Would you like me to include a mat file to change the feathers from full to only a few in the back?
I have two trans-maps for that, one with just a teeny bit of hair on the lower back of the legs and the other with a bit more hair on the backs of the legs.
There is just a tiny bit more checking to do on the Appy before I resubmit so it would not be hard to do these mats for the feathers.

Here is an image showing one option.

View attachment 5179
Still not sure where this one is going yet.
I need to finish the other set and get Alaric II ready to submit.
This post is about that chocolate textured horse.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is a better render of this mane and tail option.
Promo7.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Finally managed a decent pose for the horse that shows the mane and tail nicely.
I did have to adjust one or two places on the mane though where the strands overlap it cause a space in renders.
Now I'm sending my renders to queue so I can finish this set. :)