• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

FL HWH Textures II getting there

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well just when I think it is done, back to work on it.
The Paint's texture was blurry in areas and no matter how I tried I couldn't fix it.
finally decided to scrap that body texture and inserted a new body base with the spots and elements added to it.
I think this one looks better, see for yourself. :)

Paint-04a.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I do not know how I overlooked using Creator's ToyBox to clean up my files!
Wow, it is soooo easy and does a great job.
And to think that is why I bought it to begin with. :rofl:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a question on this set about the fetlock feathers.
Would you like me to include a mat file to change the feathers from full to only a few in the back?
I have two trans-maps for that, one with just a teeny bit of hair on the lower back of the legs and the other with a bit more hair on the backs of the legs.
There is just a tiny bit more checking to do on the Appy before I resubmit so it would not be hard to do these mats for the feathers.

Here is an image showing one option.

FL-BWS-01.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh! I REALLY like that texture!

If you've already done both maps, why not supply both? For me more options the better as it gives you more randomness when you have multiple horses in a render :D)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Then I will.
Too bad I don't know how to do a whiskers prop for the chin or I'd do some horses with them.
I saw a couple of horses down here that have chin whiskers.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Horses generally have chin whiskers (some more than others, and a couple of eye ones as well). I know alot of show people shave them tho.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Maybe when this last set is finally in the store and Alaric 2 is tested and in the store I will finish this one.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, my first thought when I saw these 2 was of chocolate, so you have to know I like them. A lot. :D

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well just when I think it is done, back to work on it.
The Paint's texture was blurry in areas and no matter how I tried I couldn't fix it.
finally decided to scrap that body texture and inserted a new body base with the spots and elements added to it.
I think this one looks better, see for yourself. :)

I love the soft 'furry' look on the white strip on his forehead. Makes me want some horse nuzzles.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Working on and off on this chocolate flavor horse....lol.
I think I'm finished with the mane, tail and fets but still have a few seam issues on the coat.
Rendering an image showing both sides of this one and will post later.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I'm especially interested in your leopard Appaloosa, the paint/Pinto looks like it needs a little more work with its spots on its rear end but it's coming along very nicely. (I wonder if you could brush some of the white spots around the edges into the Brown to make it look more like hair?)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think the stripes in the mane and tail make it look a little less stark :) I like that snake too

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The snake is a png added in post work.
Somewhere on my disks I do have the morphing python.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Here is a better image of the mane.
I did have to edit one tiny spot because for some reason I have trouble on the mane poses.
Sheesh, wondered why it didn't show, I forgot to post it.

Having another "not good" day and my breathing is way off making me weak and fuzzy brained.
I want to finish this pack but need to add the new mane mc6 and duf files which I am too sick to do right now.
Just want to go back to bed.
appy-bows_0001.jpg