• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Finally found out how to make fabric Shaders...

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm making these in Cycles Shaders, but Superfly should be able to use them too... i hope. These are all procedural shaders, no images.

royal purple.png

fabric 1.png

fabric2.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
One of the guys on the SM Poser forum has some procedural textures made with Cycles nodes, so I'm sure you'll be able to translate yours over to Poser too.

eclark1894

Visionary
One of the guys on the SM Poser forum has some procedural textures made with Cycles nodes, so I'm sure you'll be able to translate yours over to Poser too.
I'm finding that Cycles is seriously crippled in Poser. Some missing nodes and simple abilities that are available in Blender are not there in Poser's Cycles. That was the main impetus behind my buying the Cycles Encyclopedia, so I could better understand the shaders and what they're supposed to do and how they work. The key to all of them seem to be node groups and Cycles' color coding system which Poser doesn't use on it's nodes.

So while I can rebuild MOST of the shaders, I either have to leave some nodes out and hope the shader works anyway, or find a substitute that does the same thing or close to it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Hmm, something went horribly wrong. I rebult a couple of the shader s from Chocofur in Poser. But as I said, Cycles is somewhat crippled in Poser by the lack of several nodes. So I tried substituting the HSV node for the RGB Curves node. Then made the Diffuse color input red. So naturally it came out green.:unsure:

shader.png